Help with baby boy names!

Baby boy due in the fall. Long 3-syllable Italian last name that ends in an “o” and is tricky to pronounce. Looking for a name that flows nicely, isn’t too long, and feels fresh yet classic at the same time. Here are my choices (in alphabetical order) - what do you all think? Which would you choose and why?

Colin Christopher
Leo Christopher
Nathan Christopher nn Nate
Matteo Christopher nn Teo

Colin Christopher

• Less trendy/common
  • Classic, timeless
  • Nice alliteration with first and middle
  • No nickname
  • Feels culturally disconnected from last name
  • Maybe a little safe

Leo Christopher

• Original top choice
  • Feels timeless yet fresh
  • Strong quick name to pair with long last name
  • Culturally aligned with last name without being too much
  • Didn’t realize how trendy it is right now
  • No nickname

Nathan Christopher nn Nate

• Really like the nickname Nate
  • Not as into Nathan, but not sure I would just use the name “Nate”
  • Nate feels slick, cool, classic, athletic
  • Like single syllable nicknames
  • Less trendy/common
  • Nathan feels culturally disconnected from last name with Hebrew origin

Matteo Christopher nn Teo

• Fresh take on the classic Matthew
  • Feels culturally aligned with last name, if anything might be a little too Italian
  • Like the nickname Teo but might not be as natural, people might default to Matt
  • Feels long, all three names have 3-syllables
  • Might need to grow into the name a bit
  • Enjoy both full name and nickname, gives him options as he gets older
1 Like

I would go with [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] or just [name_m]Nate[/name_m]! It’s solid but sweet, masculine but not over the top, familiar but not currently overused. Personally, if [name_m]Nate[/name_m] was what I loved, I’d just go with that. It feels perfectly substantial to me.

[name_u]Leo[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] is my favourite!

If you’re not keen on [name_m]Nathan[/name_m], what about [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] or [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], nn [name_m]Nate[/name_m]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] do you feel those would be too much with a 3-syllable last name?

I love [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]. Nickname [name_m]Teo[/name_m] is super cute!!

1 Like

Congratulations :tada:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite from this list is [name_u]Leo[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] :lion:

I love [name_u]Leo[/name_u] he’s so handsome, timeless, sweet, upbeat, strong and fun. I love the connection to lions and the idea of this lion themed nursery. I love how familiar he is which gives him this warm, cuddly vibe and I think the ‘o’ ending makes him flow nicely with most surnames. He works brilliantly with [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]. I agree [name_u]Leo[/name_u] is trending but I wouldn’t say he’s trendy in my opinion he’s always been on peoples radars he’s like [name_u]William[/name_u] forever popular just classic.

I honestly love [name_u]Leo[/name_u] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]

Good luck

my favorite is [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] with the nn [name_m]Teo[/name_m]! :white_heart:

1 Like

Matteo is my favorite!!!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Leo[/name_u] and [name_m]Matteo[/name_m], but all of them are great. I think [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] might be my top choice because of the different nickname options.

1 Like

[name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]- I like the nn teo

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] top choices are between [name_u]Leo[/name_u] and [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] and would probably go with [name_u]Leo[/name_u] if you don’t care for [name_m]Matt[/name_m] as a nickname. Your names remind me of [name_u]Milo[/name_u] in case you like that.

1 Like

I was all set to vote for Leo… until I saw [name_m]Matteo[/name_m]. I absolutely love the name [name_m]Matteo[/name_m]!

[name_u]Leo[/name_u]!