Help with baby girl name

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I have a daughter named [name_u]Taylor[/name_u], and we are due in a few months with our second daughter. I feel like [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] was so easy to name and now with this second one we are having a much more difficult time deciding. We both like the name [name_u]Riley[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] ([name_f]Paige[/name_f] is a family name and is the only thing we have agreed on using) I like it, im just not sure I’m sold on it yet. I was thinking maybe [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]??
What are thoughts on those names? Is [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] too out there? Does it even go with the name [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]??
Thanks for the input!

You have such fantastic taste in names! I would describe your style as modern and tailored (no pun intended, I swear!). I do really like the name [name_f]Chesney[/name_f], and in a bubble, I definitely don’t think it’s too out there as it picks up on many of the sounds popular today, such as the “Ch-” beginning and the “y” ending. However, I’m not sure how well it pairs with the name [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]. [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] is far, far more popular, and I think the contrast there is a bit jarring. [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] is also quite unisex, like [name_u]Riley[/name_u], while [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] is more feminine. I also think that [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] creates an immediate association, while [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] doesn’t have immediately obvious ties to pop culture. If you’re open to suggestions, I’ve listed a few:

[name_u]Brinley[/name_u]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Brenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Megan[/name_f]
[name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_u]Peyton[/name_u]
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_u]Dakota[/name_u]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_u]Skyler[/name_u]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]

I love [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]. That’s so adorable.

Thanks for the input! I agree that [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] has a huge association with it, and worry people will think “[name_m]Kenny[/name_m]” whenever they hear it. Guess I have a few months to think about it!
I love the names you suggested! I swear I threw about half of those out to my husband, and he didn’t go for any of them. At this point I think he’s just being difficult :joy: thanks again!

I really like both names, but I lean toward [name_u]Riley[/name_u] only because I would worry that some mean kid might turn [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] into Chesty or something. I really like it otherwise though. I think it is lovely.

I love Riley as sister name for Taylor. Riley Paige is an awesome combo! I don’t think I would be brave enough to use Chesney. In my world, the pop culture association is pretty strong and that was the first thing I thought of.

I much prefer [name_u]Riley[/name_u] over [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] and I think it fits perfectly with [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] - it has the same unisex vibe. I know basically nothing about country music and [name_m]Kenny[/name_m] chesney was the first thing that came to my mind. I would assume you were huge fans! Plus, I’m not a fan of the shortening Ches- which I think would be inevitable. [name_u]Riley[/name_u] all the way!

I agree with all the other pp who said [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] has a strong connection to the singer. I love [name_u]Riley[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f].

I also can’t separate [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] from [name_m]Kenny[/name_m] :frowning:

[name_f]Chesney[/name_f] is adorable! I think it works well with big sister [name_u]Taylor[/name_u], to be honest!

I think [name_u]Riley[/name_u] is perfect with [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]! I like Country music and live in Kentucky where it is popular, so [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] is all [name_m]Kenny[/name_m] to me. I think for the most part that’s the first thing people will think of when they hear the name, so you’d have to get used to hearing “Like [name_m]Kenny[/name_m] [name_f]Chesney[/name_f]?” Which is definitely not a bad thing (I like his music and think he’s talented and entertaining), just something to think about!

I think [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] and [name_u]Riley[/name_u] are perfect together! I had never heard of [name_f]Chesney[/name_f], but I don’t really see it with [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]. Though if you like it more than [name_u]Riley[/name_u] you should totally use it!

I prefer to [name_u]Riley[/name_u] to [name_f]Chesney[/name_f] personally!