Help with Boy #3!

Naming my two older boys was a breeze. I’d loved both of their names for as a long as I can remember, but now I’m struggling. I literally used my two favorite names, but don’t have a third! (Their names are in my user card!)

Middle names will be R@dley Blyth3, both of which are family names.

Names I’ve actually written down and have been considering are [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] (which is another long-time love, but I’m worried it’s gotten too popular?), [name_m]Finnick[/name_m], [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m], [name_m]Elio[/name_m], and [name_u]Oleander[/name_u]. Can you suggest any others?

Meaning wasn’t important to me until my son’s names ended up having wonderful meaning and going hand-in-hand (“enlightenment” and “peace”). Now I would like it if I could find a name that fit well with their meanings as well.

The only thing I’d like to avoid are the letters B, P, R and S and names ending in X. Thank you so much for your help in advance!

With your other sons’ names, I like [name_m]Elio[/name_m] the best. I think [name_m]Elio[/name_m] R@dley Blyth3 works nicely as a combo as well.

More suggestions…
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_m]Koa[/name_m]
[name_m]Haco[/name_m]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_u]Alden[/name_u]
[name_m]Trey[/name_m] (“three”)
[name_m]Trig[/name_m]
[name_u]Fionn[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_u]Lumen[/name_u]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]

You have a nice list but my very favourites are [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m] and [name_m]Elio[/name_m]!

Elio is really inching up there for me, but my mom told me she thought it just sounded like noise? I’m not even sure what that means… Hmm.

I love your sons’ names, and you have a great list! Though I adore [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] personally, I think my favorites with your older kids would be [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] and [name_m]Elio[/name_m] ([name_m]Hugo[/name_m] would go beautifully too though). I would also suggest:

Arlo
[name_u]Arrow[/name_u]
[name_m]Caelum[/name_m]
[name_m]Caius[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_u]Cove[/name_u]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Jago[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]

I really love [name_m]Jago[/name_m], [name_u]Milo[/name_u] and [name_m]Otis[/name_m] from your list @dandy_orchid and they’ve actually all been on my list at one point or another. [name_m]Jago[/name_m]'s meaning doesn’t fit well with my older boys, [name_u]Milo[/name_u] is getting too popular it seems, and one of [name_u]Pax[/name_u]'s middle names is actually Le0tis (family name) so that knocks [name_m]Otis[/name_m] out of the running. I never imagined naming a third would be so difficult!

1 Like

My favourites from your list are [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], [name_m]Elio[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. To go with this “O” ending I seem to like, I would like to add [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] and [name_u]Halo[/name_u]

Im terms of previously mentioned names, I really like the suggestions of [name_m]Casper[/name_m] and [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] (they’re both actually on my own list) from @dandy_orchid as their meanings are very sweet and match your other sons

1 Like

I can see what you mean! One more thought–[name_m]Miro[/name_m]? Similar to [name_u]Milo[/name_u], has that long “o” sound, very uncommon, and means “peace; world”.

I do so love a 'o" ending… However, we’re from small-town Arkansas, so that kicks [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] out :joy: We have yet to escape the [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] Hillbillies stigma. That being said, being in the Bible Belt ruins [name_u]Halo[/name_u] too. [name_f]My[/name_f] boys have names that are very Buddhist in theme and halos are a common [name_u]Christian[/name_u] symbol.

I have a cousin that has a [name_m]Casper[/name_m], so we can’t use that one and I worry about [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] ending with an S because our last name starts with one. I’d hate for it to end up sounding like Magna St___.

Simon
[name_u]Win[/name_u]
[name_m]Hart[/name_m]
[name_m]Fritz[/name_m]
[name_m]Odion[/name_m]
[name_m]Cliff[/name_m]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_m]Calix[/name_m]
[name_u]Beau[/name_u]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Angus[/name_m]
[name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_u]Bowie[/name_u]
[name_u]Jory[/name_u]
[name_m]Eero[/name_m]
[name_m]Albie[/name_m]
[name_m]Knox[/name_m]
[name_m]Benno[/name_m]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Eli[/name_u]
[name_u]Gus[/name_u]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_u]Amos[/name_u]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_m]Helio[/name_m]

I DO like [name_m]Miro[/name_m], but I’m trying to avoid other names that mean peace since P@x is literally the Latin word for peace. I’d hate to seem like I got lazy with meanings :rofl: Maybe I’m too picky?

1 Like

You do actually have several listed that I really enjoy but they start with the letters I’m trying to avoid: [name_m]Benno[/name_m], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_m]Knox[/name_m] (ends with an X), etc. I actually LOVE [name_u]Luca[/name_u], but I have a close friend with a [name_u]Lucca[/name_u]. Shucks.

1 Like

Love [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] from your favourites. A couple more ideas, sorry for any repeats:

Otto
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]
[name_u]Toby[/name_u]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]

Good luck

Thank you! I’m still holding onto [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] with a vice grip, hoping my SO will end up liking him.

I actually REALLY like [name_m]Otto[/name_m]. I feel like [name_m]Otto[/name_m] would be an adorable little boy and a very stately man. It’s been on my list for a little bit, but its meaning doesn’t fit PERFECTLY, but I feel like I could make it work in my head, haha.

1 Like

How about [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]?

I’m thinking of adding [name_u]Rio[/name_u]/Fio, [name_u]Elim[/name_u] and possibly [name_m]Otto[/name_m] to my list of potentials. Hmmm…

2 Likes

my first thought was [name_m]Thane[/name_m] which means “[name_m]Lord[/name_m]” as in like [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the manor. I also really like the suggestion of [name_m]Otto[/name_m], such a great underused name and fits amazing with your older boys

1 Like

I think Tadgh would sound amazing with your other two boys and with the middle names you have picked out. I like how it’s also just one syllable which fits in nicely with your sibset

Thank you all so much for your responses! I’m still working on my SO because he doesn’t seem to like anything AT ALL. It’s stressful, lol

Elio or [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]!! [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] hasn’t gotten too popular. I’ve never met a [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] in my life, and i love the name so much.