Help with boy names, please.

I am expecting a little boy in [name_u]January[/name_u]. (hooray!)

So far my husband and I like the names [name_m]Nolan[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], and [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like or dislike any of these names? Any suggestions that may be similar to these?

We want classy, timeless, and the name must have a solid meaning.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions & help.

My vote is for [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] = ).

Thank you! My husband came up with that one, at first I was like ‘no, no - not [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]. He might get called [name_m]Ed[/name_m] or [name_m]Eddie[/name_m]!’ but it is actually growing on me. I like all three, but [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] and [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] are my top faves. I actually had never heard the name [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] until a few years ago when I had a dream that I had a little boy named [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] and ever since then I liked it.

I love [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] because it is so strong but it’s also SUPER popular and my husband has reservations about it being a top ten name.

I’d also go with [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]. It is similar to [name_m]Ewen[/name_m] which I love.

I would [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] to see [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] used! [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is far too popular for my taste but would make a great middle name. I neither like nor dislike [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]–though I do like [name_m]Eddie[/name_m]! Other ideas that might appeal to you:

[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_m]Axel[/name_m]

Good luck, and congratulations!

[name_m]Edwin[/name_m] doesn’t feel very timeless to me - I’m going to be the dissenting vote in saying that it sounds like an old man, and not in a good way. I like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and has the feel you’re looking for, though for me it’s just a tad too popular. [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] is great, though. I know of a sibset that’s [name_m]Nolan[/name_m], [name_m]Silas[/name_m] & [name_u]Bryn[/name_u] (two boys and a girl) which I really like.

I love the name [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], it’s my top pick for a boy. Yes, it is popular, but it’s also a classic timeless name with a solid meaning. There are also a ton of nickname options.

Some other names I think are a similar style:

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]