Help with boy's list - for an actual baby!!

I found out I’m pregnant last week! I’ve been working on my name lists for a while, but now that there’s an actual baby in question, I’m having doubts! I talked with my husband about my names, and he gave me a tiny bit of feedback, but I’m looking for more!! Which of these are you favorites, least favorites? Any suggestions or switches? Last name McBeal

[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] - one of my new favorites. I’m a little concerned that [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] looks too similar to [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m], but not enough that I’m scratching it out yet. Maybe [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] instead? Or [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m]?

[name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] - maybe [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] if I decide it doesn’t work with [name_m]Orson[/name_m]? This is probably my #1 right now, but it ends in an M and our last name starts with M, so I worry about them getting smushed together (CalluMcBeal), and I have to decide if that will work for me or not. My #1 was [name_m]Graham[/name_m], but the M there was too much for me. I feel like [name_m]Callum[/name_m] isn’t as bad? I would maybe switch this for [name_m]Calvin[/name_m], but I like [name_m]Callum[/name_m] better.

[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] - I can’t decide if I’m actually brave enough to use this. We would get a lot of Monsters Inc jokes, especially because my husband has a brother named [name_m]Mike[/name_m], but that isn’t a total deal breaker for me.

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]Remy[/name_u]/[name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] - I like these names, I just can’t decide which order I like better. I also like [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] a lot and would maybe swap one of them.

[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] - I liked [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] as a first (mostly only because I love [name_m]Shep[/name_m] as a nn), but my husband asked if we could switch them. He also likes the [name_m]Ciaran[/name_m] spelling better, but I like the anglicized version. We would probably still use [name_m]Shep[/name_m] as a nickname, because we don’t love any of the nickname options for [name_u]Kieran[/name_u].

[name_m]Roland[/name_m] [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] - or [name_m]Roland[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m]?

Thanks for all your help!

Congrats!

I love [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u], and [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]!

[name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is good too, but I like [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] a bit more, and [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] has a bit more S than I like, I think it could use a crisper consonant in the combo.

[name_m]Kian[/name_m]/[name_m]Cian[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] is another thought!

I really like [name_m]Callum[/name_m], [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], and [name_u]Remy[/name_u]. [name_m]Callum[/name_m] McBe@l is fine, and my favourite!

[name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is my favorite! I like [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], but it does remind me a little of [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m], but I don’t think its there enough to worry about. Especially since having a [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m] connection doesn’t make it a bad thing! :slight_smile:

I like [name_m]Orson[/name_m] but not [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Remy[/name_u] is similar and better imo :slight_smile:

For some reason I really prefer the middle names you’ve used in this list, [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] is nice too.

I like [name_m]Roland[/name_m] too, I think [name_m]Roland[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] would be really handsome.

Not mad on [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] but [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is a really snappy combination imo, which is swaying me :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone! I’m going to have to work on boy’s names some more. I think I have a pretty solid start, and I really appreciate your feedback! The only combination that I’m really attached to is [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u], but that’s one that I’m not 100 % sure I would use (especially because one of my top girls names is [name_u]June[/name_u]/[name_u]Juniper[/name_u], is that too close?). I’ll have to keep tinkering with everything else and hopefully narrow it down.

What a great list!
My favorites as a first name are [name_m]Orson[/name_m] & [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m].
My favorites as a middle name are [name_m]Callum[/name_m], [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Callum[/name_m] sounds great! [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] or [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] too. They are my favorite combos.
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] is nice too.

I love so many of these names. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] or [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] nn [name_m]Shep[/name_m]? I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] too! You have chosen so many of my favorite names.

I like [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

What about [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], [name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] or [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]?

I love [name_m]Callum[/name_m] and [name_u]Kieran[/name_u].

@nicolebaby1
I love [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] nn [name_m]Shep[/name_m], but my husband doesn’t want to use it as a first. He’s ok with it as a middle though, and said we could still use [name_m]Shep[/name_m] as a nickname, especially if we paired it with [name_u]Kieran[/name_u], which doesn’t have a super great built in nickname like some of my other names.

@ew314
He also says we can’t use [name_m]Felix[/name_m] as a first, because it reminds him too much of [name_m]Felix[/name_m] the cat. I didn’t love it enough to argue that one with him, it can just be a middle for me :slight_smile:

[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] - I think it’s a bit hissy with the S in [name_m]Orson[/name_m] and the S in [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] has a better feel, as much as I adore the name [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]

[name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] - I like this one better with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], even though [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is very handsome. Hmm…regarding the “smoosh” I think it depends on your surname. In your example, CalluMcBeal, I think it sounds okay, but something like [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_f]Monet[/name_f] sounds terrible. [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] is also a very nice name, but if you like [name_m]Callum[/name_m] better I don’t feel like it’s a major issue.

[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] - [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is very nice with it. I like [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], though it’s definitely more surname/hipster than the others on your list.

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]Remy[/name_u]/[name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] - Hmm…yea they don’t flow great. I like [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] too, a little better than [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]. But [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_u]Remy[/name_u] is only so so. [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]?

[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] - It is a handsome combo, but it sounds like you have a lot of conflicting opinions and feelings about both names between you. I’d probably strike it off my list unless I felt super strongly about it.

[name_m]Roland[/name_m] [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] - a little dork-tastic, but handsome in it’s way. Reminds me of the Knights of the Round Table.

[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], or [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] are probably my favorites from what you’ve mentioned.

[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] is my favorite as is. I like [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], and [name_m]Roland[/name_m] as individual names.