Help with character surnames and parent names?

I’ve decided on Lucas and Avery for my sibling characters’ names. I think Warner is a good last name for them, but what do you think? (I’m a little concerned that maybe the V sound in Avery sounds too similar to the W sound in Warner but maybe I’m overthinking. Also, apparently it’s the same name as some social media influencer, but she doesn’t seem mega-famous or anything, so it’s not a big deal, right?) I’d like to hear any suggestions if you think there’s any better options.

Also, I wanted to name their parents Frank and Nicole. Do those names sound good together or do you think they’re a bit clunky? Again, any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

I’ve never heard of that influencer (though I am not exactly an accurate reflection of anything there), but honestly if I was you I’d not want to use the name.

Surnames are not my strong suit. Most of the time I use a website that lists surnames recorded in the 1881 census in area X of the UK, and that usually helps, but off the top of my head I’m not great at ideas… there is a page on here about vintage surnames, which might help? I could also link that site if you want?

Oh, and [name_m]Frank[/name_m] and [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] sound fine!

That’s a shame because I really like the way [name_m]Warner[/name_m] flows with [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] :frowning: I hadn’t heard of her either until I looked her up which is a good sign but I don’t know. I’ll ask some other people if I should or not.

Yeah, definitely don’t just take one opinion. I will never call a character [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and spent a while debating whether I should keep a set of twins as [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] because I’m [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and I have two cousins (brothers but not twins) named [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and Elliot… probably with that spelling.

Also on the list of ‘awkward’ names would thus be:

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_u]Liam[/name_u]
[name_u]Zoe[/name_u]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_u]Harry[/name_u]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_m]Ben[/name_m]
Andrew/Andy
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]

(Though I’d definitely name a fictional sibset [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] if those two weren’t sisters already… maybe I still will.)

If it’s not a problem for you, I’d use it, and there’s always that sort of disclaimer you see in books about any similarities being purely coincidental. Can’t recall the exact wording but something like that.

1 Like

how about [name_u]Walter[/name_u] or [name_u]Walker[/name_u] instead of [name_m]Warner[/name_m] for the surname?

1 Like