Help with Ciannait

Can anyone help with a pronunciation? I’ve tried to Google it, but I can only find AI generated pronunciations that are phonetic to English but it’s an Irish name. I think this is kind of like key-nuh?

Personally I (living in England) would pronounce it more Cy-ann-nate / ky-ann-nate, based on the spelling - honestly no clue if that’s right though.

From a little research this name originates from an obscure [name_m]Irish[/name_m] [name_m]Saint[/name_m] and is pronounced key-nut or with the extra syllable, key-ah-nut. At least that is what I found. Hopefully that helps!

I would say it like the words “sin” and “ate,” but as stated above, that pronunciation is clearly wrong, haha!

I’m thinking:

Kee (uh) nut

kee - like key, rhyming with knee
uh - said very lightly, like barely there
nut - rhyming with put or like the ‘a’ in about

or just

Kee-nat

Maybe?

Important note: [name_m]Irish[/name_m] pronunciation is very dependent on dialect. It’s also hard to capture the nuances of [name_m]Irish[/name_m] pronunciation in [name_f]English[/name_f].

That said, I personally have never met or encountered anyone with this name.

I would guess the pronunciation to be something like kee-uh-nitch or kee-uh-nit depending on the speaker’s dialect. But I am not fluent in [name_m]Irish[/name_m] and I am definitely not an expert in [name_m]Irish[/name_m] names.