Help with Compromise Names!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

I’m currently expected our first, and DH and I cannot find any names we both love…We’ve found some classic, perennially popular names the we like and would gladly use, but there has to be more names out there that we haven’t thought of! I could really use some [name_u]Berry[/name_u] brainstorming : ) Thank you for your help!

Classics We Agree Upon:

• [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]

DH’s Picks:
[name_m]Connor[/name_m]: this seems a bit trendy and modern to me (I’m in the US)
[name_m]Kurt[/name_m]: not a fan

My Picks:
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]: DH has a bad personal association with this name : (
[name_m]George[/name_m]: DH says it sounds “stuffy”

I would suggest…

[name_m]Collin[/name_m]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_u]Corbin[/name_u]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]

I adore [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]! We’d have used it for sure but it clashes with our last name. [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] is our pick for our next baby if it’s a boy. I wonder what you’d think of [name_m]Paul[/name_m]. If you’re looking for a classic that isn’t as widely used as [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m].

[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] are great. [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] feels dated and a bit boring to me.

[name_m]Kurt[/name_m] is super dated. [name_m]Just[/name_m] bad.

[name_m]Connor[/name_m] - This is a great name, just been really popular for the last 2 decades. At least in my world. [name_m]Conall[/name_m] and [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] feel a bit fresher to me. I love the nn [name_u]Con[/name_u]. Other ideas: [name_u]Tristan[/name_u], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]Desmond[/name_m], [name_m]Damian[/name_m], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_u]Everett[/name_u]

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] - too bad. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Milo[/name_m], [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_u]Max[/name_u], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], [name_m]Miles[/name_m], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]George[/name_m] - [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Harry[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m]/[name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]

There are some rules in this process that will save both you sanity and your marriage, and the first one is: Any name that the other person 'Hates" is automatically disqualified.

I think one of the things that helped us is to use the “Name of the day” when addressing each other and get a ‘feel’ for it. Saying it out loud is one thing, but actually using it as intended…like road testing a car instead of just looking at it thru the showroom window…often clarifies things real fast.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], [name_m]Craig[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Cillian[/name_m], [name_m]Cian[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_u]Max[/name_u], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Aaron[/name_m], [name_m]Eoin[/name_m], [name_m]Declan[/name_m], [name_u]Devon[/name_u], [name_u]Tiernan[/name_u], [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m], [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Marcus[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] or [name_u]Colby[/name_u]?

[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]! It gives him the option of using [name_m]Kurt[/name_m] as a nickname.

[name_m]Anders[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Timothy[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]
[name_m]Marcus[/name_m]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

Some Suggestions (sorry for any repeats)

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Brody[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]

LOL – We have an [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] and a [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is one of the names we are still considering for boy #3! All are great, classic names. [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] isn’t outdated at all (that was actually one of my hesitations to use it, initially, but it is not the case in our area, where I hear more little boys called [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] than [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], somewhat surprisingly, including one little guy named “[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]”.)

Other names we are looking at for boy #3, firsts or middles, all of which are pretty classic, are (and I apologize for any repeats): [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Timothy[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]. Others we like but can’t use include [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_m]Adam[/name_m].

Thanks for the replies, Berries! I’m going to being up a lot of these to DH, and particularly hoping he goes for [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], [name_m]Conall[/name_m], and [name_u]Theo[/name_u]!

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Gordon[/name_m]
[name_m]Martin[/name_m]
[name_m]Chester[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Alastair[/name_m]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Craig[/name_m]
[name_m]Fenton[/name_m]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Archibald[/name_m]
[name_m]Timothy[/name_m]