Help with Firsts and Nicknames for Mickey Family

Hey, y’all.

My partner and I have been talking about having kiddos in the neat future and, of course, I’m excited to consider how my favorite names might work in real life. Something struck me the other day… Our last name sounds like [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] and I am really struggling with names and nicknames that wouldn’t sound silly if they were said in conjunction with the last name! For example, a name we love is [name_f]Frances[/name_f] nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]. Sadly, I think [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] sounds terrible. Same for [name_m]Henry[/name_m], which is a long time favorite of mine. I could never have predicted this little snag for all the names I’ve loved for years. Darn!

Here are some of our favorite names. What others would you suggest? What cute or cool nicknames might you use?

[name_f]Alma[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f]
[name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonore[/name_f]
[name_f]Solene[/name_f]
[name_f]Thora[/name_f]

[name_u]Ellison[/name_u]
[name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]

We’re totally open to other suggestions that might sound nice with our last name! Boy, girl, and gender neutral suggestions would be totally welcome. My partner is still finding his style, but I tend to like rare or less common names, with a flair for classics and contemporaries. Not a fan of most super modern spins, but I’m open-minded.

Thanks for reading!

Oops, just realized I should have put this in the baby names forum! I’ll repost.