Help with girls names

Hello everyone!

I am 17 weeks pregnant and expecting our first child. We seem to be having an easy time coming up with boys names, but girls names are causing us so much trouble.

I would like to hear your opinions on the following names - as well as further ideas for similar names. I don’t really mind that [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] are very popular names, I just like the way they sound, and the same goes with [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] - I don’t really care about the Disney connotation.

We are a little restricted as we live abroad and the name has to work in both languages.

Names we cannot use but love are: [name_f]Alma[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], [name_f]Ellinor[/name_f].

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] Margrethe (pronounced marGREETH in English, an important family name)
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] Margrethe
[name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elvira[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]

My favourites on your list are [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f]. Maybe you would like [name_f]Esme[/name_f]? I really like Margrethe as a middle name for any of them as it is a bit different, has a nice sound and has family significance to you. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]!

My favorites are [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] Margrethe

I really like [name_f]Lily[/name_f] Margrethe. Very pretty, and as you said, Margrethe is a strong family name.

My favorites are [name_f]Lily[/name_f] Margrethe and [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] is an old lady name, [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] is too Disney (I know you dont care…so thats your choice.) Margrethe is out dated. [name_f]Elvira[/name_f] and [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] arent very pretty.

I like [name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], but I would [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]!

[name_f]Ella[/name_f] Margrethe and [name_f]Elvira[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] are gorgeous! I absolutely love [name_f]Elvira[/name_f], I can’t understand why it’s so underused. And Margrethe is a fabulous middle name, especially as it has so much meaning to you. My favourite is probably [name_f]Elvira[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], with [name_f]Ella[/name_f] Margrethe a close second.

I like [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is lovely but reminds me of Frozen because it is so big right now.
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] Margrethe is stunning.
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] Margrethe is lovely too although I’d probably lean towards giving her a more formal name like: [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f], [name_f]Lillith[/name_f], or [name_f]Lillia[/name_f] and nickname her [name_f]Lily[/name_f].
[name_f]Viola[/name_f] reminds me of the instrument… not sure about that one.
[name_f]Elvira[/name_f] and [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] I’m sorry to tell you, but I strongly dislike. They seem too heavy and old for a beautiful, young baby.

So from your list, my favorites are: [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. If you would like some other suggestions, how about:
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Alanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Camellia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Evangelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Kenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Neve[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]

[name_f]Eira[/name_f]
[name_f]Mina[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f]
[name_f]Elke[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Eila[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Estela[/name_f]

Mn:
[name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_u]Lake[/name_u]

What about [name_f]Eira[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], or [name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_u]Lake[/name_u]?

My picks are [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] (I like clunky names, and love that [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] isn’t too heavy and clunky for you). Though I like [name_f]Lily[/name_f] better than [name_f]Lilian[/name_f], [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] or [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], lovebeingamom’s suggestion does have a point–[name_f]Lily[/name_f] Margrethe can look somehow lopsided because Margrethe seems so much heavier than [name_f]Lily[/name_f]–but I think that’s also applicable to [name_f]Ella[/name_f], which personally looks too nicknamey to me next to the grand and heavy Margrethe. I’d prefer [name_f]Elena[/name_f] or something that can be shortened to [name_f]Ella[/name_f].

[name_f]Viola[/name_f] is personally not my style (too romantic for me), though it has nice [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] associations. [name_f]Elvira[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] have, despite the latter’s Disney association, personal old-lady associations for me, so I can’t find it in me to like them, sorry.