Help with Hudson!!!

My wife and I are strongly considering naming our son [name]Hudson[/name] but have a slight conflict with our last name - [name]Ritter[/name]. If you’re not seeing it, say the full name outloud…[name]Hudson[/name] [name]Ritter[/name]. Is it too close to [name]Hudson[/name] [name]River[/name]? Are we just setting the poor guy up? We have zero plans to ever live in or around New [name]York[/name], so I’m not thinking it’s a huge deal, but we keep going back and forth on it. Would hate to rule out our #1 if we’re just over-thinking. Please, we’d love to hear all of your thoughts.

And any ideas on a middle name to go between those two?

[name]Hi[/name] there. :slight_smile: To me, [name]Hudson[/name] [name]Ritter[/name] is way too close to [name]Hudson[/name] [name]River[/name], but that’s just me. The [name]Hudson[/name] [name]River[/name] is extremely well known, so I honestly don’t think it’s simply a matter of you not living in NYC.

What about [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Ritter[/name]?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Hudson[/name] but it does sound alot like [name]Hudson[/name] [name]River[/name]. If you both love it, go for it but perhaps it would be best for a middle name.

Oh, to me this is funny… because I have a son named [name]Hudson[/name], and he is named AFTER the [name]Hudson[/name] [name]River[/name]…
I do love the name, and to me, it DOES sound like [name]Hudson[/name] [name]River[/name]… but is that bad thing? Its still better than [name]Moon[/name] Unit or [name]Bronx[/name] [name]Mowgli[/name]! lol
If it is, what about [name]Hudson[/name] for a middle name?

I think it’s too close to the [name]Hudson[/name] [name]River[/name]. What are some other names that you like?

too close for me too