Help with Izzy!

Help! DH really likes the nickname [name]Izzy[/name]. [name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Isobel[/name] is too popular, and too close to our dog’s name ([name]Annabelle[/name]). DH doesn’t like [name]Isadora[/name] (which is in my top 5). Can you think of any more formal names that would work with the nn [name]Izzy[/name]?

[name]How[/name] about [name]Isla[/name]? I know you don’t pronounce the ‘s’, but I think you can get [name]Izzy[/name] out of it.

Good luck!

Wikipedia says:

[name]Izzy[/name] is a common nickname for the given names [name]Israel[/name], [name]Isabel[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], Isambard, [name]Isidore[/name], Izebel or [name]Ismael[/name].

though obviously [name]Isaac[/name], Isambard, and [name]Ismael[/name] wouldn’t really work for a girl.

Also, maybe:
[name]Esmerelda[/name]
[name]Isis[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name]
Isanne
[name]Isra[/name]

Personally, I like [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name].

You could try [name]Isaline[/name] (iza-leen), [name]Isolde[/name] (iz-old-uh), [name]Iseult[/name] (iz-ult), [name]Thisbe[/name] (thiz-bee) or [name]Ismene[/name] (iz-men-ee).

There are some lesser-known variants of [name]Isabel[/name], too, such as [name]Isabelita[/name].

Good luck!

I love [name]Isadora[/name]; sorry that won’t work :frowning:

I think you can also get [name]Izzy[/name] from a name that ends with “is” rather than starts with it. The only two I can think of that I like, though are

[name]Damaris[/name]
[name]Phyllis[/name]

(it’s a little bit of a stretch to [name]Izzy[/name] because in these names the s on the end is soft rather than z-like, the way it is in names like [name]Isabella[/name] where it is up front, but I think it could still work. And I really like [name]Damaris[/name]; it’s pretty and accessible, but underused, sort of a similar feel to [name]Isadora[/name]).

[name]Isolde[/name]…?

There’s also these:
[name]Isannah[/name]
Iscah
[name]Isaline[/name]
[name]Ismay[/name]
[name]Isabeau[/name]
[name]Isaura[/name]/Isauria
[name]Isotta[/name]
[name]Isra[/name]
Isae
[name]Isamar[/name]
[name]Iselin[/name]
Isbel (read that again, ISBEL)
[name]Isa[/name]
[name]Inez[/name]? (this one may be a stretch, but it’s a beautiful name!)
[name]Izora[/name]

[name]Liesel[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
[name]Melissa[/name]
[name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Corisande[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] (and variants)

And that’s all i could think of for now!! Let me know if any tickle your fancy so I can tell you more about them or perhaps find some more! ^^

Thank you everyone. There are many names that you listed that I like, but none that DH likes…sigh. I finally got him to explain why he doesn’t like [name]Isadora[/name]. He says it reminds him of that annoying blue fish in Finding [name]Nemo[/name]. I attempted to explain to him that the fish’s name was [name]Dori[/name], not [name]Dora[/name], but it was no use. I think he is just going to have to give up on [name]Izzy[/name]. I am certainly not naming my child [name]Izzy[/name].

He may also like Tizzy? I have heard it is a nn for [name]Theresa[/name] …

Good luck!