Help with list? Desmond?

I have posted before and received a lot of helpful input! I am due in a couple months and we have the following list (it hasn’t been easy!).

Boys:
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Fergus[/name]
[name]Dermot[/name]
and a new one…[name]Desmond[/name] (nn would be [name]Des[/name]/[name]Dez[/name])

Girls:
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]

This babe will join other dks [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name], and our last name is one syllable starting with L.

Thanks so much for feedback. We would gladly take some new suggestions as well.

I love [name]Desmond[/name]! It sounds great with [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name], too.

My thoughts on the other names —
[name]Cormac[/name] – love it; [name]Mac[/name] is a cute nn, too
[name]Fergus[/name] – I am indifferent
[name]Dermot[/name] – handsome name, I like it

[name]Mira[/name] – love it
[name]Norah[/name] – like it, but popular
[name]Rose[/name] – don’t like this with [name]Ronan[/name]

For a girl, definitely [name]Norah[/name]! It’s so beautiful with siblings [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name], and I don’t think it’s too popular in the least. I only know one [name]Norah[/name] my age, and I work at a baby store in the Northeast and have never encountered a [name]Norah[/name] (just a lot of Jaydens!) As for boys, I prefer [name]Cormac[/name] and [name]Dermot[/name]. [name]Fergus[/name] could be called [name]Fergie[/name], which isn’t so pleasant since that name is taken by two very famous women already. I’m not really a fan of [name]Desmond[/name], and I can’t see it matching very well with [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name] for some reason. [name]Cormac[/name] sounds best to me.

From your boys list, I love [name]Cormac[/name]. I think it’s the best pairing with [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name]. [name]Fergus[/name], [name]Dermot[/name] and [name]Desmond[/name] are ok but [name]Cormac[/name] ruIes! From your girls list, it has to be [name]Norah[/name]. [name]Mira[/name] is too frilly and feminine and [name]Rose[/name] is too matchy with [name]Ronan[/name]. Good luck!

My favorites off your list would have to be [name]Norah[/name] for a girl and either [name]Desmond[/name] or [name]Cormac[/name] for a boy. All go really well with [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name].

My favorites are [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Desmond[/name]. :slight_smile: I’m not really a fan of [name]Cormac[/name], [name]Fergus[/name] and [name]Dermot[/name] are fine.

Thanks for all of your feedback! It has been very helpful, as we don’t tell anyone our name choices before the baby is born. It is so nice to be able to get honest opinions!

Thanks for taking the time!

my thoughts:

[name]Cormac[/name]~sounds terrible
[name]Fergus[/name]~not a pleasant name at all
[name]Dermot[/name]~not my fave
[name]Desmond[/name]~i love it

[name]Mira[/name]~beautiful, my fave
[name]Norah[/name]~pretty
[name]Rose[/name]~way too common

just my opinion, hope its helpful good luck!! :smiley: