Help with middle name please!

This is probably the 3rd time I’ve posted in 2 weeks! Our 2nd baby girl is due in less than 2 weeks now and still has no name. We are pretty sure that her first name will be [name]Evangeline[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name]), but now we are stuck on the middle name.

Originally we thought of [name]Claire[/name] because it sounds so pretty together, but now my husband wants a more meaningful/family name. His mom’s name is [name]Jacquelyn[/name] ([name]Jackie[/name]) and he is starting to insist on this. I really don’t like it, but it’s hard to refuse when it’s his mom and she’s in a nursing home!

Our first daughter ([name]Georgia[/name] [name]Colette[/name]) has my middle name (and my aunt’s name) as her middle name which is really nice. I can see his point about making the middle name meaningful…

BUT… I guess my question is, does [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] work together? Or is it too weird because they both end in -ine, etc?

Also, what would the best spelling be? I do not like the way my [name]MIL[/name] spells it at all (and this is not important to the hubs).

Thanks you soooo much in advance!

For [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]… is there any chance you could adjust the first name to [name]Evangelina[/name] (ending in a)? [name]Evangelina[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] would flow better. (The endings of each name would be more distict and they would not have the same number of syllables.)

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] doesn’t really sound good. I keep wanting to pronounce [name]Jacqueline[/name] jack-eh-LEEN to rhyme with [name]Evangeline[/name]. If it really means a lot to use the name, then do it, since you’d rarely be saying her full name out loud, but it’s still not ideal. What about using another J name? [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Julia[/name] or [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would be lovely. [name]Jessamine[/name] is also close to [name]Jacqueline[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! I love [name]Evangeline[/name], but I’m another one who doesn’t think that [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] works very well, because of the “j” sounds in both names, the ending sounds, and the syllables. (I’d personally go with the [name]Jacqueline[/name] spelling…) [name]Even[/name] so, I think the name’s meaning is more important than the flow. Hmm…

What about [name]Eva[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]?

Good luck!

Thanks guys. I know they don’t sound right together and I really don’t like [name]Jacqueline[/name], but I just can’t talk him out of it :frowning: I like the suggestions of [name]Eva[/name] or [name]Evangelina[/name]; they do sound a bit better with the middle name…

[name]Hi[/name]! Have you considered using names that have the same meaning as [name]Jacqueline[/name]? Like [name]Jacqueline[/name] is the feminine form of [name]Jacques[/name] (French), and [name]Jacques[/name] has 2 Hebrew equivalents-- [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]James[/name].

[name]Jaime[/name] is a unisex variant of the name [name]James[/name]… I prefer this spelling to the more common [name]Jamie[/name], but they are pronounced the same. I also like that it’s a full name on its own (i.e. not short for anything else), and yet it’s not too long to make the fit with [name]Evangeline[/name] (which is too BEAUTIFUL) awkward. [name]Jaime[/name] also sounds less harsh, unless you were pronouncing [name]Jacqueline[/name] the french way, which is freakishly sophisticated.

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Jaime[/name].
[name]Jaime[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name].

What do you think? I’ll keep looking for names with equivalent meanings and let you know what else I find. [name]Hope[/name] this helps!

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] looks and sounds funny to me, but maybe adding another middle name into the mix could fix things? I’m not sure how any of these would work with your surname, but…

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Ada[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Iris[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Clara[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Claudia[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]