Help with middle name?

Hello everyone. I am expecting a boy and need suggestions.

We want to use [name]Indian[/name]/Hindi/Sanskrit middle name to honour my culture, but we want it to be pronounceable by English speakers.

We are fixed on [name]Vincent[/name] as the first name and we love [name]Dhani[/name], but we are not sure about the 2-2 syllable count and we hate VD as the initial. [name]Do[/name] you think they matter or they don’t because [name]Dhani[/name] is the middle name? (Last name is [name]Jones[/name])
We also love [name]Dhani[/name] because my father’s and my husband’s name is [name]Daniel[/name].

Some other names we love are [name]Kiran[/name], and long names like Pramodana and Adhikara. [name]Do[/name] you think they are hard to pronounce?

I love the idea of [name]Dhani[/name], especially with the family connection. Since your son will also have a last name, and most just go by first & last anyway, no one will notice VD as his initials (they’re called STD’s now anyway, so kids won’t even know what VD used to stand for). I don’t think rhythm matters as much as using a name you love that has meaning to you. My gut is you will much more likely regret NOT using [name]Dhani[/name] then regret using it. I say go for it!

Since VD is the first and middle initial, I don’t think it’s a problem at all. I love to see [name]Vincent[/name] getting some love, and [name]Dhani[/name] has triple meaning to you so I definitely think you should use it. I wouldn’t worry too much about the 2-2 syllable count. [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Dhani[/name] [name]Jones[/name] has great flow.

As far as pronunciation in English goes, [name]Dhani[/name] and [name]Kiran[/name] are the easiest. I know how to pronounce Pramodana and Adhikara, but most English speakers unfamiliar with [name]Indian[/name] names would look at them and be completely stumped.

[name]Vincent[/name] [name]Dhani[/name] is nice, I don’t think VD is an issue whatsoever :slight_smile: I live in a community that is very Arab and [name]Indian[/name] heavt and run a Pre-K there so I know how to all of these names. I like Adhikara and I don’t think it would be that hard to pronounce… I also love [name]Ganesh[/name] and [name]Ram[/name] that are [name]Indian[/name] names :slight_smile: Good [name]Luck[/name]

Thank you all.

Between these choices which one do you like better?
Short middle names: [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Dhani[/name] or [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Kiran[/name]?
[name]Long[/name] middle names: [name]Vincent[/name] Pramodana or [name]Vincent[/name] Adhikara?

Out of four, which one do you like best?

Out of the 4 choices I prefer [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Kiran[/name]. However, [name]Dhani[/name] is a nice choice too.

What about something similar to [name]Daniel[/name] in meaning?