Help with my girl name list, please!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there. I’m due in 6 weeks with a little girl who may never be named. She has two older brothers- Ch@$e and M@dden.

On our list for baby girl are:

[name_u]Holland[/name_u] (nn [name_u]Holly[/name_u] or [name_u]Halle[/name_u])
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]/a
[name_f]Karolina[/name_f]
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Coral[/name_f])
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Lia[/name_f])
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Britta[/name_f]
[name_u]Larkin[/name_u]
[name_f]Brigid[/name_f]

One middle name option is [name_u]Kay[/name_u]. Other option is [name_f]Mary[/name_f] _____. I thought the following sounded ok with [name_f]Mary[/name_f]:

[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]/a
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Brigid[/name_f]

Yay or nay on these? We need help :pray:t3: Suggestions are welcome too. Thanks in advance!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Your boys’ names are fresh & modern. Here are my thoughts for a sister-

[name_u]Holland[/name_u]-I like [name_u]Holly[/name_u] & [name_u]Halle[/name_u] a lot w/your crew. They’re beautiful names on their own. [name_u]Holland[/name_u] seems a little too modern for my tastes. Kind of doesn’t have that feminine of a sound in my opinion. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a tad trendy.

[name_f]Summer[/name_f]-Ooh, pretty. I like this. It’s simple, peaceful, feminine yet not frilly & slightly unexpected.

[name_f]Petra[/name_f]-This is different. I don’t dislike it. Not my personal favorite.

[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]/a-This is okay. A little way over done in the past 20 years. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not super exciting, & [name_u]Gaby[/name_u] just sounds a little too sassy for me.

[name_f]Karolina[/name_f]-This isn’t my favorite, but it’s okay. I’d do [name_f]Carolina[/name_f]. That looks softer.

[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]-Nah. Too boyish.

[name_f]Coraline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Coral[/name_f]-Cute! Fun & different. And beautiful w/awesome nature imagery.

[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]-An underused gem in my opinion. It has such a smart friendly feeling. And the nn [name_f]Bridie[/name_f] is adorable. It’s great w/your boys’ names too.

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]-I can’t get into this one, but it’s okay. Different. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not that pretty to me.

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lia[/name_f]-That’s lovely. Kind o unique. [name_f]Fancy[/name_f] & vintage, but the nn [name_f]Lia[/name_f] makes it a little more approachable. I think that you could also do [name_f]Coral[/name_f] here. Or [name_f]Cora[/name_f] or [name_f]Delia[/name_f].

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]-Yes! So sleek, elegant, simple, feminine & a little sporty.

[name_f]Britta[/name_f]-I’m not loving this one. [name_m]Just[/name_m] sounds kind of trendy & unsubstantial.

[name_u]Larkin[/name_u]-I don’t know. It has kind of a harsh sound to my ears.

[name_f]Brigid[/name_f]-I want to like this, but can’t figure out how to say it. Assuming you’re in the U.S., I think that [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] may be a safer bet.

You were thinking [name_f]Mary[/name_f] as a fn? That’s lovely & works well. I like [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] or [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] best.

A few more fn suggestions that you may like-

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]

[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]

[name_f]Clover[/name_f]

[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

[name_f]Esme[/name_f]

[name_u]Eliya[/name_u]

[name_f]Greta[/name_f]

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]/Juno

[name_u]Kit[/name_u]-maybe as a nn for [name_f]Katia[/name_f], [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] or [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]. I just love [name_u]Kit[/name_u] w/your crew!

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]

[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lora[/name_f] or [name_f]Lola[/name_f]

[name_f]Lola[/name_f]

[name_f]Maple[/name_f]

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

[name_f]Olive[/name_f]/Livy

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]/Penny/Polly/Poppy/Nellie

[name_f]Stella[/name_f]

[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]

[name_u]Sloane[/name_u]

[name_f]Tess/name_f

[name_u]Vida[/name_u]

[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]/Wynnie

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

The ones that I think go well with the siblings:
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Britta[/name_f]

My favorite with them is [name_f]Summer[/name_f]! However, my favorite name on the list is [name_f]Britta[/name_f].

1 Like

Love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_u]Larkin[/name_u] for you.

I’d also suggest [name_u]Blake[/name_u], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]

1 Like

It’s interesting - your sons’ names are familiar but not overly common. Your list of girl names though is much more unique.

I think [name_u]Halle[/name_u] ([name_u]Holland[/name_u]), [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]/Brigid, and [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] fit well with [name_u]Chase[/name_u] and [name_u]Madden[/name_u].

Summer and [name_f]Karolina[/name_f] are pretty but a different vibe so I am iffy on if they work with your sons’ names.

Meanwhile in terms of feel - [name_f]Petra[/name_f] is unique; [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Coraline[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] are more traditional/older names. For those reasons I don’t think they quite work though they’re all lovely.

1 Like

with your boys, I love [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] (love [name_f]Coral[/name_f]!), [name_u]Holland[/name_u] ([name_u]Holly[/name_u] & [name_u]Halle[/name_u] both fit nicely!), [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]Ridley[/name_u], [name_f]Summer[/name_f], and [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]/Brigid (maybe with the nn [name_f]Birdie[/name_f]?). I also like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], but it may be too similar to M@dden.

Holland is my favorite!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback And also your suggestions! [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Petra[/name_f] were my husband’s suggestions, interestingly enough.

As far as [name_f]Mary[/name_f]- my deceased grandmother’s name was [name_f]Mary[/name_f] J——- and she went by a variation of her middle name. I’d put [name_f]Mary[/name_f] in the first name slot and call the child be her middle name. I’m not sure my husband would go for this though :laughing:

Thanks for your thoughts! I love [name_f]Coral[/name_f] too and my husband seems to like. We do have a last name that has K—L—— so I’m wondering if it’s too hard to say :thinking:

1 Like

If it’s not too hard to say, I think the repeating sounds would make it memorable!

My favorites with your boy names are [name_u]Holland[/name_u] and [name_f]Summer[/name_f]!

Other suggestions:
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]

Holland-7/10 it’s cute just not my style!

Summer-10/10 i love this name! It’s my favorite of the season names! I think it ages really well!

Petra-0/10 I really dislike this name because the association with the restaurant [name_m]Petro[/name_m]’s

Gabrielle/a-3/10 I’ve never liked this name

Karolina-4/10 I like the sound but the K looks tacky. 5/10 with a C

Ridley-0/10 sounds like not a real name

Coralie-5/10 pretty but reminds me of the kids movie, I prefer [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Coralie[/name_f].

Bridget-3/10 pretty but outdated

Ingrid-7/10 really pretty and unique! It’s really spunky and vintage to me!

Cordelia-5/10 pretty but not my style

Maeve-8/10 simple yet elegant! I love!

Britta-0/10 sounds like “[name_m]Brittle[/name_m]”

Larkin-10/10 this is so cute! ([name_f]My[/name_f] cousin’s name is [name_u]Larkin[/name_u]) I love this name!

Brigid- see [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]

Mary-3/10 I’m not a fan of [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

I agree, our girl name is a little different than our boys’ names. Our last name is foreign and very uncommon (only 53 people in the world have the last name) so I think subconsciously I’m thinking we could get away with a more “unique” name

I like these combinations:
[name_f]Petra[/name_f] [name_u]Holland[/name_u]
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u]
[name_u]Marie[/name_u] (prefer it over [name_f]Mary[/name_f]) [name_f]Karolina[/name_f]
[name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] (prefer it over [name_u]Larkin[/name_u])
[name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_f]Summer[/name_f], and [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] are my favorites. [name_u]Holland[/name_u] goes cute with your boy names as well. Good luck!

Your list is very interesting!
I think I would avoid names ending starting with C and M or ending in N to avoid similarities.
[name_f]Summer[/name_f], [name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]/e, [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]/Brigid and [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] are my favorite options from your list! I believe then sounds lovely with your oldest kids’ names and with the middle name [name_u]Kay[/name_u] or [name_f]Mary[/name_f].

I love [name_u]Chase[/name_u], [name_u]Madden[/name_u], and [name_f]Karolina[/name_f]! [name_f]Karolina[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is absolutely beautiful!