Help with name choice

See the results of this poll: Ainsley or Finley

Respondents: 40 (This poll is closed)

• Ainsley : 23 (57%)
  • Finley: 17 (43%)

I like [name]Ainsley[/name]! I went to school with an [name]Ainsley[/name]. She was really sweet. [name]Finley[/name] sounds like a boy name to me. I don’t hate unisex, but in this case [name]Finley[/name] is still all boy to me.

[name]Finn[/name] for a boy, [name]Finley[/name] for a girl - I think it’s great :slight_smile:

And there’s a long time until she’s older, I think we’ll find by then that [name]Finley[/name] doesn’t seem too strange for an adult. After all, it’s not too dissimilar from [name]Kinsley[/name] or [name]Kenley[/name], which are currently heard on adult females. Sounds cute with [name]Leighton[/name] too.

If that’s where your heart is there shoudn’t be any reason not to go with it.

I love [name]Finley[/name] on a girl!There is a girl my daughter’s grade named [name]Finley[/name],she is so cute and I love her name!!!

I love [name]Ainsley[/name]! [name]One[/name] of my friends was recently considering it, and I was so bummed when she and her hubby didn’t go with it. I know a lot of little girls named [name]Finley[/name], so to me [name]Ainsley[/name] is the fresher choice.

Without a doubt, [name]Ainsley[/name]!

[name]Leighton[/name] (lay-ton) and [name]Ainsley[/name] (aynz-lee) have similar sounds in the first syllables so I voted for the spunky [name]Finley[/name].

Thanks for all of your input so far. Please keep the thoughts coming! :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, and please keep commenting too, along with the voting. If you have a strong preference either way, could you explain why? That may help us consider something we haven’t yet thought of.

Thank you!

Any red flags that anyone can think of for either of the names?

Well the big red flag for me is that both are boys names!

I voted for [name]Ainsley[/name] because it’s less common. [name]Finlay[/name] is fast rising boys name, and I think it’s unfair to take this to the girls when it hasn’t even peaked for the boys just yet.

I honestly have never met an [name]Ainsley[/name] or [name]Finley[/name] - girl or boy. Thanks for the heads up.

[name]Baby[/name] could be here anytime now, and we’re still undecided. Any last minute input?