Help with name choices...

Would you mind sharing your opinions on some of our name choices?? Luckily dh and I both like all of these, but we can’t decide on one and none quite feel like her name yet.

[name]Anna[/name] (like it, and it’s our “safe” choice, but doesn’t feel like THE name to me)
[name]Bridget[/name] (like it a lot, love that it’s not popular at all, but is it too harsh?)
[name]Kate[/name] (love it, but just can’t commit yet)
[name]Abigail[/name] (like it, but it was #8 last year)
[name]Charlotte[/name] (like it)
[name]Jocelyn[/name] (like it)
[name]Lilah[/name]/[name]Lily[/name] (one of our sons is [name]Liam[/name], too many L’s?)

As for mn most would be with either [name]Jane[/name] (my mom) or [name]Ann[/name] (my mn) where they fit, except [name]Kate[/name], would have to come up with a 2-3 syllable mn for that)

Thanks!

[name]Anna[/name] (like it, and it’s our “safe” choice, but doesn’t feel like THE name to me) - I love the name [name]Anna[/name].
[name]Bridget[/name] (like it a lot, love that it’s not popular at all, but is it too harsh?) - love [name]Bridget[/name], too!
[name]Kate[/name] (love it, but just can’t commit yet) - love
[name]Abigail[/name] (like it, but it was #8 last year) - yeah, it’s really popular, but so cute.
[name]Charlotte[/name] (like it) - love
[name]Jocelyn[/name] (like it) - love!
[name]Lilah[/name] (one of our sons is [name]Liam[/name], too many L’s?) - I think two kids with “L” names is fine. But I like it spelled [name]Lila[/name].

[name]Lila[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Kate[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Kate[/name] [name]Angelica[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

As for mn most would be with either [name]Jane[/name] (my mom) or [name]Ann[/name] (my mn) where they fit, except [name]Kate[/name], would have to come up with a 2-3 syllable mn for that)

Thanks![/quote]

[name]Anna[/name]: I do like [name]Anna[/name], but as you said, it’s not THE name for you. (For some reason I can’t quite grasp, I actually prefer [name]Anne[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name], and [name]Anneliese[/name].)

[name]Bridget[/name]: I think [name]Bridget[/name] is quite a spunky name, and think it ages well, too. I like it! :slight_smile:

[name]Kate[/name] (love it, but just can’t commit yet): I definitely like [name]Kate[/name], but I’m still conditioned to use it as a nickname for [name]Katherine[/name]. (My issues, not yours.) :slight_smile:

[name]Abigail[/name] (like it, but it was #8 last year): I used to love [name]Abigail[/name], but popularity ruined it for me. I still think it would make a nice middle name.

[name]Charlotte[/name] (like it): I like [name]Charlotte[/name], too, but I’m just realizing that you don’t sound too crazy about any of these names!

[name]Jocelyn[/name] (like it): I’m not a [name]Jocelyn[/name] fan, but I do like [name]Josephine[/name].

[name]Lilah[/name] (one of our sons is [name]Liam[/name], too many L’s?): I love [name]Lilah[/name], but for me, a [name]Lilah[/name] and a [name]Liam[/name] would be too much.

Some other names that may possible excite you:

[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]/[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] (it’s easier for me to say with [name]Liam[/name] than [name]Lila[/name] is)
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]/[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] (nice Irish name to go with [name]Liam[/name])
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Good luck to you! :slight_smile:

Thank you [name]Susan[/name], I love some of those combos!!

[name]Jill[/name], wow you really captured my style with this list! Many of these were on my original list!

I like these…
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

BTW, I am conditioned to see [name]Kate[/name] as a nn too, which is why I’m having trouble committing to it even though I [name]Love[/name] it.

[name]Anna[/name]: very pretty and classic.
[name]Bridget[/name]: I have thought about this name. love it but maybe too cutsey?
[name]Kate[/name]: it is a classic name but unfortunately [name]Jon[/name] & [name]Kate[/name] media hype is ruining it right now):
[name]Abigail[/name]: love, love , love this name. on my list. beautiful and classic. I am willing to overlook the popularity (:
[name]Charlotte[/name]: beautiful and classic. not as popular as [name]Abigail[/name] too which is nice.
[name]Jocelyn[/name]: dislike
[name]Lilah[/name]: okay
[name]Lily[/name]: gorgeous. another one on my list (:

Thanks![/quote]

Unfortunately the [name]Jon[/name] & [name]Kate[/name] hype has gotten to me too. I was on the phone with my mom and just as I was saying “I think we’ll go with [name]Kate[/name]”, there she was on the tv in her bikini! It made me rethink. Maybe this will all die down. I have until the first week if [name]August[/name].

[quote=“kaheller”]
Thank you [name]Susan[/name], I love some of those combos!!

Wow, you really captured my style with this list! Many of these were on my original list!

I like these…
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

BTW, I am conditioned to see [name]Kate[/name] as a nn too, which is why I’m having trouble committing to it even though I [name]Love[/name] it.[/quote]

You’re welcome Kaheller! (I’m [name]Jill[/name], not [name]Susan[/name].) :slight_smile: I’m glad you liked some of the names. What about sticking [name]Kate[/name] in the middle?

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (I love this, and think [name]Evie[/name] is a cute nickname)
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
(It doesn’t work with [name]Juliet[/name], but does work with [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Kate[/name]…)

Other combos of these names:

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]

Some of my favorite [name]Juliet[/name] combos:

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Rosamond[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
Juilet [name]Victoria[/name]

Two more to possibly consider: [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile: