Help with name for baby #2, due in 2 weeks!

So, I’d love to get some help narrowing down my list of girl names. I’m going to put them in the order my husband ranked them:
[name]Elani[/name] [name]Pilar[/name] (nn [name]Elle[/name], not [name]Ella[/name] or [name]Elli[/name])
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Pilar[/name]
[name]Pilar[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (I have to admit I took this from a suggestion given to [name]Erica[/name] on another thread! I hadn’t considered [name]Madeleine[/name] before, but love it w/ [name]Pearl[/name] which I have had on my potential middle name list. My concern w/ [name]Madeleine[/name] is that it’s a bit boring.)
[name]Eviana[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (My husband doesn’t like this one, his response was “isn’t that a kind of water,” he also thinks it has too many syllables.)

Names I love, but would probably only use as a middle name:
[name]Scarlett[/name] (I actually considered this as a first name, but decided I don’t like how it sounds w/ my husband’s last name)
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] (too popular to use as a first name)
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] (again, like this one for a first name as well, but my husband doesn’t, plus it feels a bit trendy)

Also, I love the combo [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Wren[/name], but don’t feel like I can really go for [name]Elliot[/name] as a girls name, especially given my daughter’s very feminine name ([name]Lilia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]).
Any thoughts on my list? Thanks so much!
[name]Kate[/name]

The having to a define a nickname for [name]Elani[/name] would be a bit tough.
I like [name]Isla[/name] [name]Pilar[/name]
[name]Pilar[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]'s my favorite.
[name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is a bit too popular with that first name.
I feel the same way as your husband on [name]Eviana[/name] [name]Pearl[/name].

Let’s go with your middle names:

[name]Scarlett[/name]'s such an underused name but won’t it be closer to your last name?
[name]Ruby[/name] sounds a bit hipster to me.
[name]Ava[/name]'s too popular even as a middle name.
[name]Wren[/name]'s my fave and totally knocks all others in the competition.
[name]Sadie[/name]'s ok.
I feel the same about [name]Avery[/name] as your husband.

Have you consider [name]Pilar[/name] [name]Wren[/name]?

[name]Kate[/name],

[name]Elani[/name] [name]Pilar[/name] - I’ve not heard of [name]Elani[/name]. Is it like [name]Eleni[/name]? Hm. It’s a pretty combination, but I’m just not feeling it…
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Pilar[/name] - I don’t like the flow of this name, and [name]Lilia[/name] feels very similar to [name]Isla[/name].
[name]Pilar[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] - [name]Pilar[/name] just doesn’t seem “right” to me with [name]Lilia[/name]. Maybe it doesn’t scream feminine?
[name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it, and love it more with [name]Lilia[/name]. Gorgeous set. Popular, yes, but so elegant!
[name]Eviana[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] - Yep, too close to [name]Evian[/name] water. A shame!

So, I think [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is my favorite with [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]. [name]Isla[/name]'s too close to [name]Lilia[/name] for my taste, and even [name]Eleni[/name] or [name]Elani[/name] feel close - they all have a lot of vowels going on, you know?

Alright, let’s get down to my ideas. I think something like [name]Avril[/name] would be pretty. I know it might remind people of the singer, but she hasn’t made any music in years. [name]Avril[/name] [name]Sadie[/name] would be cute with [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Mae[/name], maybe? I also think [name]Avalon[/name] would be nice - it’s similar to [name]Aveline[/name], but a bit more on the modern side. [name]Avalon[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is adorable with [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Mae[/name], in my opinion. Or, maybe [name]Elora[/name] would work? [name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Elora[/name] are a bit vowel-y, but I think [name]Elle[/name] would work well as a nickname here, too, and it feels a bit more sophisticated, like [name]Lilia[/name]. [name]Elora[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Elora[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name], or [name]Elora[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would be pretty. [name]Juliet[/name] would be gorgeous, too! I think I’d name a sister to [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Mae[/name], hm…[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. Yes, for sure. Okay, let me know how those go over with you and your husband and I’ll think of more!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Lemon[/name],
Thanks so much for your feedback!
Yes, [name]Elani[/name] is like [name]Eleni[/name], same meaning/roots/etc.
I agree [name]Isla[/name] is similar to [name]Lilia[/name]. I originally was thinking [name]Marie[/name] as a mn, but that’s even closer to [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Mae[/name].
[name]Pilar[/name], I love, I think it works w/ [name]Lilia[/name] from a Spanish perspective, but we’re not Spanish or Hispanic… We do like to travel though, and I would really like a name that was easy to pronounce in at least the Latin based languages.
[name]Madeleine[/name], I hadn’t even considered until I saw paired w/ [name]Pearl[/name] which I love as a middle name and, yes, love it w/ [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]. I don’t think it’s quite as popular where I am (Seattle) than it is in other parts of the US, but I still feel a little bit indifferent towards it.
[name]Eviana[/name], I think I would pronounce more like [name]Aviana[/name] w/ a long A sound at the beginning. Either way, my husband doesn’t like it.

[name]Avril[/name] is pretty, but I’m not really feeling it.
I’ve already asked my husband about [name]Avalon[/name] - doesn’t like it.
[name]Evangeline[/name] - a good friend just named her baby this, plus my husband won’t do anything over 3 syllables.
[name]Juliet[/name] is lovely, but again, not my favorite. I think I’ve looked at every name that ends in et, ett, ette, or otte, I just can’t find one that I love.
[name]Elora[/name] - husband just said he doesn’t like it.
More ideas?
Thanks again!
[name]Kate[/name]

basicsand,
Thanks for your thoughts! I hadn’t considered [name]Pilar[/name] [name]Wren[/name], mostly because I was looking for a prettier, feminine feeling mn to go w/ [name]Pilar[/name]. However, I do love [name]Wren[/name]! Yes, [name]Scarlett[/name] would be closer to the last name as a middle, but I figured it’s rare that you say a whole name altogether anyway. It’s a very subtle issue w/ the last name anyway, I think it sounds a little bit like a weird disease like [name]Scarlett[/name] Fever or something. I don’t think anyone else would think this, but I’m in the medical field and hyper aware of anything that reminds me of diseases or medical terms. Crazy, I know!
[name]Elani[/name], I don’t even feel like this would have to have a nickname, I just prefer [name]Elle[/name] to [name]Elli[/name] or [name]Ella[/name].
Thanks again!

I really like [name]Pilar[/name], so [name]Pilar[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] would be my favorite. If [name]Pilar[/name] doesn’t feel too Spanish for you then go for it.

What about [name]Elani[/name] [name]Wren[/name]??

Oh and I am proud to say, [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] was one of my ideas! I’m glad you like it! :slight_smile:

My favorite is [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] but if you’re not sure, don’t choose it.
I do like [name]Pilar[/name] though and I think [name]Pilar[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] is beautiful. It goes nicely with [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Mae[/name] as well!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Pilar[/name] [name]Wren[/name]. It sounds like a pretty delicate bird.

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! [name]Pilar[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is great!
I think I have it down to:
[name]Evenie[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Pilar[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]/[name]Wren[/name]
Thoughts?

Have you considered [name]Paloma[/name]? It means dove, has latin roots and goes beautifully with [name]Lilia[/name]. I like [name]Pilar[/name] but feel it is a bit halting and [name]Paloma[/name] flows so nicely. Possible nn’s I’ve heard mentioned on this board have been [name]Polly[/name], [name]Lola[/name],Lo .

[name]Paloma[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is pretty
[name]Paloma[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] has lovely alliteration

Again, my favorites are [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Pilar[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]. [name]Both[/name] of those names sound beautiful with [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Mae[/name] and I really think that you are headed in the right direction! Good luck!