Help with name

We really like the name [name_m]Rudolf[/name_m] but we are worried about the red nose reindeer joke’s.
What’s your opinion?

Yeah, I wouldn’t do it for that reason, sorry. [name_u]Rudy[/name_u] is more wearable!

It’s brave for me, and the connection is certainly strong. However, names tend to grow on their wearer, so it’s not the end of the world to have a strong (but not exactly negative) connotation.

1 Like

I do think of that association immediately so there is a concern for teasing. Maybe you would like [name_m]Rueben[/name_m]/Ruben or [name_u]Rudy[/name_u].

1 Like

I think the reindeer association is a bit much, sorry

I love it as my grandfather’s name is [name_m]Rudolph[/name_m], but if you’re worried about jokes, here are some other suggestions:

Brazier
[name_m]Gerhard[/name_m]
[name_m]Columbus[/name_m]
[name_m]Marx[/name_m]
[name_m]Adolph[/name_m]
[name_m]Kean[/name_m]
[name_m]Rudolph[/name_m]
[name_m]Judge[/name_m]
[name_u]Sandy[/name_u]
[name_m]Ean[/name_m]
[name_m]Drexel[/name_m]
[name_u]Farrell[/name_u]
[name_m]Hershel[/name_m]
[name_m]Trip[/name_m]
[name_m]Niels[/name_m]

LMK what you think!!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Ruben[/name_m],
It’s such a shame we like a strong names and this is only name we both kinda like but I think the association is to obvious

I agree that [name_u]Rudy[/name_u] is more wearable, but maybe [name_m]Rudolfo[/name_m] could work? I feel like this probably doesn’t need saying, but probably best to ignore the previous suggestion of [name_m]Adolph[/name_m].

2 Likes

I don’t really like the o sound at the end and it would probably still have quite strong connections to the reindeer.
No we will not go with [name_m]Adolph[/name_m] :sweat_smile:.
I’m not really into [name_u]Rudy[/name_u] as its sound more like a nickname.
I will suggest [name_m]Ruben[/name_m] and will look into different names.
We have just couple weeks left and aren’t able to come up with anything :woman_facepalming:

What about something with similar letters, like [name_m]Rolf[/name_m], [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] or even [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]? I really like [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] too.

Not really [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]
but I like [name_m]Rolf[/name_m] or maybe [name_m]Ralph[/name_m]

Ralph is lovely, it’s one of my favourites! I agree with previous posters, [name_m]Rudolph[/name_m] is a bit too reindeer for me.

If you need to go with [name_m]Rudolph[/name_m], could it be a middle name?

Rudolf is just asking for relentless teasing I’m afraid.

I know a couple of guys named [name_m]Rodolfo[/name_m] ([name_m]Rudolph[/name_m] in Spanish). Surprisingly they were never teased in school, whether they were lucky or people just couldn’t be bothered I don’t know.

We did do a whole lot of [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] singing and every year they included the reindeer song but the teasing just never happened. I also quite like the name, it’s up to you really

2 Likes

I like the name and know a [name_m]Rudolph[/name_m] from Latvia. He was never teased in my hearing but then he’s been an adult all the time I’ve known him! I think kids can tease about anything so I wouldn’t necessarily let that put me off since the connotations aren’t negative as such.
The suggestions of Reben and [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] are good though I think. I agree [name_u]Rudy[/name_u] is more of a nickname to me.

1 Like

I think it depends a lot on where you live. In the US, I don’t see it going well.

I think [name_m]Rudolf[/name_m] will work! Specially as a middle name. I think about the chef [name_m]Rudolf[/name_m] van Veen. What about [name_m]Rupert[/name_m]?

1 Like

Rudolf is a strong name that I love. The reindeer is a thought but he can just say something along the lines of, “I saved [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], what have you done?” It’s also a great story that you can read too him. What kid hasn’t been excited seeing their name in a book? Use it.

1 Like

Thank you for that.
We are still thinking about the name as we really like it, but I don’t want him to hate [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]. I think it’s can be cute for baby and I would definitely dress him up for every [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] as a reindeer :joy:. And I think there wouldn’t be problem once he’s adult. But kids can be mean.
We don’t do middle names so that’s not an option.