Help with names

[name]Hi[/name] Everyone,

I’m new to the forum and am very appreciative of your help and advice. I’m due [name]October[/name] 15 with my first child… although I do have a 7 year old stepdaughter and choosing a name that doesn’t clash with hers is important to me.

My 7 year olds name is [name]Mea[/name] [name]Mckenzie[/name] [name]Haley[/name].

My current list is as follows…

[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] (the pronunciation I’m thinking of is “[name]Ava[/name]”)

My concern is that all of these names may be overly popular… particularly “[name]Emma[/name].” What I like about them is that we are a family who travels internationally quite often and I feel all of these names will cross borders.

I am open to any other first name suggestions you all may have!

My family is Brazilian and my husbands is of Scottish/Irish heritage so I’d like to find something that wouldn’t polarize either side of the family.

The middle names I’m considering are…

[name]Eliana[/name] (to honor my mother)
[name]Lillian[/name] (to honor my husbands grandmother)

…although I am completely open to other middle name suggestions.

My little girls last name is going to be [name]Haley[/name].

Alright!! I think that’s everything! I’m looking forward to reading what you all have to say :slight_smile:

Thank you berries!

I love both [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Elena[/name]. If you’re worried about popularity, I’d go with [name]Elena[/name] or you could always give her a longer, more formal name with the nickname of [name]Emma[/name]. Something like [name]Emmaline[/name]/[name]Emmalyn[/name] isn’t as popular and you could call her [name]Emma[/name].

What about [name]Liliana[/name]? It has both the [name]Lili[/name] and the [name]Ana[/name].

I love [name]Mea[/name]! Unlike [name]Mae[/name] or [name]Mia[/name], [name]Mea[/name] is so unusual… Latin origin, right?

From your list, my favourite is [name]Elena[/name].

I like the suggestion of [name]Liliana[/name].

I think your ideas are great ones. I’m a fan of all of them.

[name]Mea[/name] and [name]Elena[/name] I think are the best fit. Keep in mind though, with [name]Eva[/name] a lot will say Ee-va, especially in [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name].
I think [name]Eliana[/name] is too much E for the middle spot. [name]Elena[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] is a lot of L, especially with the last name, but a lovely combo.

Have you considered:
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Selena[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Melanie[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]

I think [name]Elena[/name] fit’s beautifully - I would choose [name]Elena[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] - beautiful name! I like all of your name choices, though, good luck.

I like [name]Elena[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]

I’d go with [name]Elena[/name] [name]Lillian[/name].

What about [name]Eva[/name] [name]Liana[/name] - combines your mother and his grandmothers name and it flows nicely