Help with naming female character

Hello there! I need help with naming my character, please. Here’s a description.

She’s a junior in high school. She has blond hair that she likes to keep in a low bun most of the time, blue eyes, a square shaped face, and is 5’5" and has a slender athletic frame. She’s very practical, outspoken, intelligent, and stubborn. Her flaws are that she is power hungry, argumentative, judging, and pessimistic (sees the glass as half-empty).

The two main names I’m thinking of are [name]Catherine[/name] ([name]Cate[/name]) and [name]Anne[/name]. I want a name that reflects her personality, something bold, feminine, and timeless.

For middle names, I’d like two. I want them to sound sort of grandma-ish and vintage.
For the first, I’m considering these: [name]Iris[/name], [name]Mae[/name], [name]Lily[/name]
For the second, I’m considering these: [name]Helena[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name], [name]Vivian[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Madeleine[/name]

And for the last name, I’m thinking of these: Woods, [name]Monroe[/name], [name]Knight[/name], [name]Fisher[/name], Bergman

I’d already asked for help on Yahoo Answers with naming my character. What they came up with was [name]Catherine[/name] Woods. The only problem, is that when I googled it, a murder victim of the same name came up. So I’m a bit spooked to use it. And also, I’d appreciate a second opinion from another website, as the communities on Yahoo Answers and Nameberry are somewhat different.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

I’ve come up with a few combinations based on the info you gave:

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Iris[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Knight[/name]

[name]Anne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Knight[/name]

And here are a few of my own:

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Alma[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Laura[/name] [name]Frances[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]

I particularly like [name]Emma[/name] after [name]Emma[/name] Woodhouse :wink:

I think [name]Catherine[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] Woods is pretty catchy, even with the murder victim story. Hey, maybe you can incorporate that into your story, her having to bear the name of a murder victim maybe makes her tougher, or more practical so she doesn’t up like the other [name]Catherine[/name] Woods.

Other ideas, not on your list, could be
First name (I’m thinking some of the stronger biblical names could work): [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Rebecca[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Josephine[/name]

Middle Name(s): [name]Beth[/name], [name]Mabel[/name], [name]Ingrid[/name], [name]Freesia[/name], [name]Simone[/name], [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Alma[/name], [name]Ada[/name], [name]Ruth[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Vera[/name]

Last name: [name]Taylor[/name], White, [name]Penn[/name]/Penner, [name]Whitman[/name]

Renrose: [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Knight[/name] is an Australian murderer, so maybe not the best name to use. :slight_smile:

I think that [name]Cate[/name] sounds a bit more bad-a** than [name]Anne[/name], but [name]Anne[/name] has a bit more spunk. Based on your description, I think that [name]Cate[/name] works a bit better. For last names, I like [name]Fisher[/name] better with [name]Catherine[/name], but [name]Cate[/name] sounds marvelous with Bergman. If you’re going to call her [name]Cate[/name] exclusively, I’d go with Bergman.

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Mae[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Fisher[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Mae[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Fisher[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Iris[/name] Bergman
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Mae[/name] Bergman

Here are some other ideas:

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Knight[/name] (It sounds tough, but also elegant)
[name]Piper[/name] Bergman (I think it matches your description really well)
[name]Veronica[/name] Woods (It has a lot of potential, and some great nicknames)
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Fisher[/name]
[name]Nell[/name] Bergman

It sounds like a great story!

Oh dear :confused: That’s a shame. It’s a pretty name too.

I know! It sounds kind of regal to me.