Help with Nicolette combos

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all, I’m still working through my girl’s list and trying to narrow down which combos I like best. Today’s name is [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f]. I love its timeless, elegant [name_u]French[/name_u] flair and its multitude of nickname possibilities. I would probably use [name_u]Nico[/name_u], [name_u]Nikki[/name_u], & [name_m]Colie[/name_m] as nicknames but that’s neither here nor there. Although I really love this name, it can be tricky to pair with a middle because it’s so long and has a lot of different sounds - plus, it ends on a consonant sound that has a lot of finality to it, so finding the right flow seems difficult. I can’t quite figure out which of the names on my list it pairs best with, or if I even need to branch out and explore other middles too.

Any input on these [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] combos is appreciated. Which ones are your favorites? Which don’t work at all? Why or why not? Rank them from fave to least fave, make a love/like/lose list, describe the combo with emojis or words, etc.!

[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Amberley[/name_f] <-I think it sounds nice in theory but is probably way too long in practicality
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] <-not sure the transition between the names works well.
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Bree[/name_f] <-I like the shorter name but not sure the transition works well. Also [name_f]Bree[/name_f] maybe feels a little incomplete next to the grander [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f].
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f] <-since there’s a prominent hard C sound in [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f], not sure any middles beginning with hard C/K sound good?
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] <-again, maybe too much name.
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Christa[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] <-too much name again?
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Cynthie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Circe[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Erika[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Fay[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Gisele[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] <-probably a frontrunner but not sure
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_u]Julie[/name_u]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_u]Prairie[/name_u]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] <-I like the shorter name with [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] and in this case [name_u]Rae[/name_u] is an honor name
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_u]Sky[/name_u]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] <-I like it but again is it too long?

Thanks in advance!!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites:

[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Fay[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Cynthie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Circe[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f]

I think what I like about all of these is the short, snappiness and the slightly gentler sounds with [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f]. [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] is fun and sparky, [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Fay[/name_f] is gentle and lovely, [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] is sweet and bright, [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is sharp but sweet, [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Cynthie[/name_f] has sort of 70/80s vibes but also feels fresh, and [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Circe[/name_f] is unexpected and charming. I actually think [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] flows well!

[name_f]My[/name_f] least faves:

[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Gisele[/name_f] - okay, you know [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] isn’t my favourite name (it’s growing on me though, I’ll get there), well, [name_f]Gisele[/name_f] happens to be another I can’t get into, so put them together and it’s not for me.
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] Carina/Nicolette Cassandra/Nicolette Christina/Nicolette Erika/Nicolette [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] - I find myself tripping over the sounds of these
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_u]Julie[/name_u] - it falls a bit flat I’m afraid.

In my opinion (just listed by middles)

[name_u]Love[/name_u]: [name_f]Anya[/name_f], [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_f]Circe[/name_f], [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Fay[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_u]Prairie[/name_u]

Like: [name_f]Amberley[/name_f], [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f], [name_f]Christina[/name_f], [name_f]Cynthie[/name_f], [name_f]Erika[/name_f], [name_u]Rae[/name_u], [name_u]Sky[/name_u]

Lose: [name_f]Bree[/name_f], [name_f]Carina[/name_f], [name_f]Christa[/name_f], [name_f]Gisele[/name_f], [name_u]Julie[/name_u], [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f], [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] Prairie!! It’s a lovely name :slight_smile:

I actually prefer the longer ones! Or I would make Nicolette as a middle (I like -‘ette’ ones as the last name before the surname). Love Nicolette, such a cute yet elegant French name. Very beautiful! I guess it depends a lot on the surname, but my favourites :

Cassandra, Gisèle (It’s one of my top fave names for girls) , Prairie, Carina (not my kinda name, but I love C name as a middle for Nicolette), Christina (again, not a fave name, but I like the C after Nicolette), Evanthe, Fay,

Okey: (mainly the names I sorta like, but I’m not sure about the flow. Then again, the flow is not the most important thing. I would rather go for names that I adore, than names that are just okey, but the flow is great. But yeah, maybe these really work with the surname)

Astrid, Cynthie and Circe, Iris, Jasmine, Julie, Stephanie, Amberly

Meh: (mainly the names that I’m just not into, or names that for some reason don’t match the energy of Nicolette imo)
Anya (I don’t love the name), Bree, Christa (don’t love the name), Cynthia, Maisie, Rae, Sabrina, Sky

[name_f]My[/name_f] top ten:
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Carina[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Gisele[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
I don’t think any of the long feel tok long and I actually like the repeated hard C sound, I feel like it makes the combos feel cohesive to have the auditory callback. I keep going back and forth between Nicolete [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] and [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] for my favorite.

1 Like

@Greyblue I was wondering if you would respond to this thread because I know how you feel about [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f]! :joy: I am feeling the shorter names too, I think. I kind of want the longer ones to work too but the shorter ones seem like they work better for me. I also love [name_u]Julie[/name_u] as a name but it might be one of those “first name only” kind of names - it doesn’t really seem to fit super great as a middle, as much as I want it to. :frowning:

@winterlyricalfox very much appreciated!! [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] really is so pretty. I already have [name_f]Lissette[/name_f] [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] definitively on my list so it would feel a little weird to put another rhyming first name with the same middle… but in the end who cares?? lol

@Parfait_de_Roses thanks for your input! I definitely have [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] as a middle in some of my combos but I think she deserves to be a first name too!

@sammaegre See I keep going back and forth on the repeated C sound so this helps to know that other people like it too! Thank you!

4 Likes