Help with our 4th child! Girl names please!

My husband and I are due with our 4th baby. We have a daughter [name_u]Emery[/name_u], a son [name_u]August[/name_u] ([name_m]Auggie[/name_m]) and a son [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]. I think we will do okay on deciding a boy name…it is the girl name that has me stumped. Our last name starts with a J and end in an N.

Right now I am liking [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] (I am fine with [name_f]Stella[/name_f] as nickname), [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] (tons of nicknames and a family name) and thats all I have so far…
Other names on the list that I feel meh about are [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_u]Harper[/name_u] and [name_f]Maurine[/name_f] (this was my grandmother’s name that I actually love but it feels heavy…not sure about nicknames).

Middle name options are either [name_u]Anne[/name_u], [name_f]Lin[/name_f] (family name pronounced [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]), [name_f]Sue[/name_f], [name_f]Susanne[/name_f]…could maybe do [name_f]Maurine[/name_f] as a middle name.

I am up for any and all ideas. I do struggle with girl names that end in “Y” because I think they sound too similar to [name_u]Emery[/name_u] is that makes any sense. Thanks in advance!

Harper
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Harlow[/name_u]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

I love [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband vetoed it for a first name, but we are using it as a middle name. I love the nickname “[name_f]Essie[/name_f]“ or “Ezzy” for [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]. I would totally use it as the first name if he didn’t pull the veto card.

Emery, [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] and …

Marnie [name_f]Sue[/name_f]
[name_f]Jada[/name_f] [name_f]Lin[/name_f]
[name_u]Harlow[/name_u] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Susanne[/name_f]
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u] [name_f]Lin[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Susanne[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Sue[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyla[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Maia[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u] [name_f]Maurine[/name_f]

Addison
[name_u]Paisley[/name_u]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

I have never heard of [name_f]Marnie[/name_f] and actually think it would be a cute nickname for [name_f]Maurine[/name_f] maybe. Thinks for this one!

1 Like

I LOVE [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]! So sweet! I also love the name [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and think it could go well with [name_u]Anne[/name_u] or [name_f]Maurine[/name_f] for middle names. I also really like the name [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and I think it would be beautiful with [name_u]Anne[/name_u] as a middle name. Congratulations!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Your sons’ names are lovely. [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] & [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] would both be gorgeous additions to your bunch. Is [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] okay w/your last name? I really like [name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Maurine[/name_f] too. You could do [name_f]Maurine[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maisy[/name_f] or [name_f]Molly[/name_f]. [name_u]Harper[/name_u] is not my style. It’s trendy & not feminine enough w/three older brothers.

A few other ideas-

[name_f]Audra[/name_f]

[name_f]Adele[/name_f]

[name_f]Adela[/name_f]

[name_f]Anais[/name_f]

[name_f]Anita[/name_f]

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]

[name_f]Cora[/name_f]

[name_f]Delia[/name_f]

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

[name_f]Fern[/name_f]

[name_f]Greta[/name_f]

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

[name_u]Holly[/name_u]

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

[name_u]Louise[/name_u]

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

[name_f]May[/name_f]

[name_f]Nora[/name_f]

[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

[name_f]Rose[/name_f]

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

[name_f]Stella[/name_f]

[name_f]Thea[/name_f]

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]

[name_u]Vida[/name_u]

[name_f]Willa[/name_f]

[name_f]Zella[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Your children have gorgeous names!

Emery, [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] and…

Francesca
[name_u]Matisse[/name_u]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilia[/name_f] ([name_f]Tilly[/name_f])
Laurenne
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Fernanda[/name_f]
[name_f]Dulcie[/name_f]
[name_f]Blanche[/name_f]
[name_u]Chelsea[/name_u]
[name_f]Lorena[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavonne[/name_f]
[name_f]Rita[/name_f]
[name_u]Honor[/name_u]

I like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] best from your list, followed by [name_f]Ada[/name_f], a la [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Lovelace[/name_u] - although it sounds like this one isn’t [name_u]True[/name_u] [name_u]Love[/name_u] for you.

Emery, [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], and…

• Rowan
  • Piper
  • Winslet
  • Shiloh
  • Arden
  • Margot
  • Wren
  • Cecily
  • Spencer
  • Fallon
  • Clare
  • Ainsley
  • Ellis
  • Laurel
  • Kennedy
  • Juno
  • Sawyer
  • Briar
  • Clarke
  • Devon
  • Kimber
  • Willow
  • Sutton
  • Jules
  • Marion
  • Kendall
  • Sloane
  • Haven
  • Blair
  • Marlowe
  • Joss
  • Sasha
  • Bellamy
  • Lennon
  • Reese
  • Cameron

I like [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] or [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] that could have the nn [name_f]Ada[/name_f]! I also like:
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]Bea[/name_f] or [name_u]Tris[/name_u]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] with the nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f] or [name_f]Lin[/name_f]/Lynn
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] (so many nn for this name!)
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f] or [name_f]Lia[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] with the nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]/Violette
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]/Willa/Willamina
Good luck!

What about [name_f]Maurine[/name_f] nn [name_f]Marnie[/name_f]? [name_f]Marnie[/name_f] is the cutest name, and it’s a great namesake for [name_f]Marnie[/name_f] [name_m]Nixon[/name_m], who is the absolute best. :stuck_out_tongue: Or just [name_f]Marnie[/name_f] as a sort of rough namesake.

I love [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] , especially -

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Maurine[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Susanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Sue[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Lin[/name_f]

Ava [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]

What wonderfully named children you have!
I got caught when I saw [name_f]Maurine[/name_f]. A family name, a name with a modern coming-back sound…
What do you think of using [name_f]Marina[/name_f] or [name_u]Marin[/name_u] as an alternative to [name_f]Maurine[/name_f]? They both sound so similar I think the honour factor is close enough to [name_f]Maurine[/name_f]. But [name_f]Marina[/name_f]/Marin sound and look just a touch more modern and light, which in turn fits better with [name_u]Emery[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u] & [name_u]Bennett[/name_u].

I love these suggestions! Thank you!

Maurine is beautiful! There’s a distant relative somewhere in my family with this name, she went [name_f]Maura[/name_f] ([name_m]Moor[/name_m]-ah) but [name_f]Mara[/name_f] ([name_f]Mar[/name_f]-ah) could also be a cute nickname!

Maurine [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] (as an alternative to [name_f]Lin[/name_f]) would be stunning!!! I feel like [name_f]Maurine[/name_f] really rounds out the sibset too; she sounds perfect in line with her brothers and sister! [name_u]Emery[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] and [name_f]Maurine[/name_f] - I LOVE it!!!

I’m also loving [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Maurine[/name_f], but I wonder if having 2 kids with an E initial would bother you at all? Maybe just [name_f]Stella[/name_f]? [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Maurine[/name_f] is equally as gorgeous!