help with our girls list

My husband and I are having trouble picking our favorites and deciding how much weight popularity holds.

We like:
[name]Shannon[/name]
[name]Alayna[/name]
[name]Cheyenne[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Danielle[/name]

We feel that [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Danielle[/name] are too popular so they are basically out even though we love them. Then with the three that are left [name]Shannon[/name] and [name]Cheyenne[/name] sound too close to be siblings.

I know for sure I want one middle name to be [name]Michelle[/name], my sister’s middle name. I don’t have any interest in using my middle name, [name]Nichole[/name], and after that we haven’t come up with other middle names yet!

Please help!

Thank you.

From your list I like [name]Alayna[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] the best.

I love [name]Cheyanne[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] - beautiful combination!

[name]Lydia[/name] is gorgeous. Classic but not super popular…

I like [name]Lydia[/name] the best!

Being a [name]Danielle[/name] myself, I just feel the need to defend it. =P.

Growing up when [name]Danielle[/name] was a more popular name, I only had one other [name]Danielle[/name] in my school. I liked it because it was popular enough to be known, but not overly popular. [name]Every[/name] now and then I’d get someone who would misread it as ‘[name]Daniel[/name]’ or just spell it wrong, but that doesn’t happen often enough to make it annoying. Now, it’s not even in the Top 100 anymore, so I wouldn’t worry about popularity at all.

[name]Lydia[/name] is definitely my favorite of your choices. Beautiful, classic, and not at all too popular. Look it up on Nameberry and you’ll see it’s not really high on the list!
I also think it goes best with the mn [name]Michelle[/name]…

Thanks for all the input! Hubby and I have an ongoing conversation as I read replies.

[name]Alaina[/name] or [name]Elaina[/name] (no more y, but I do favor the A)
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Danielle[/name]

We both still like the sound of [name]Danielle[/name] despite past popularity or the risk of sounding dated.

I also like that all 3 have an “L” sound if we did end up with all girls somehow. (Doubtful since hubby is one of 3 boys!)

And I like that the middle name [name]Michelle[/name] works with [name]Alaina[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name]. We’d have to find a different option if the first girl was [name]Danielle[/name] though! :o( [name]Danielle[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] is a little too repetitive.

Anyway, thanks again!

I vote for [name]Lydia[/name]! It’s beautiful and not too popular (#120 according to this site). I also like [name]Danielle[/name], and it has a lot of nn’s to choose from…