Help with our twins' names?

Hello, everyone. Around [name]Christmas[/name], I found out I was expecting not one but two babies, and my family and I began discussing names. However, my hubby and I are both very indecisive people, and so I asked for help on here. We found some great names with your help, but now we’ve got a new list because most of the names we liked were taken by close friends, neighbors, and relatives (maybe there’s something in the water in [name]St[/name]. [name]Louis[/name] because we’re all ridiculously fertile here!) Anyway, I’d like your thoughts on these names.

We cracked and found out that we’re having one girl, but baby B is being quite shy and not letting us see the gender. All of my kids-- [name]Leo[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Edward[/name], [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Alaric[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]-- are excited. The boys want another brother, but [name]Liza[/name] is so happy that she’s getting a little sister that she wants both of the babies to be girls. We’ll hopefully find out at my next appointment. Anyway, onto the names!

Girls…
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Rosie[/name])
[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] ______
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]

Boys…
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Jacoby[/name] ([name]Will[/name])
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] ([name]Max[/name])
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name])
[name]Dexter[/name] ______
[name]Callum[/name] [name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] _____

We’d love opinions, pairings, and suggestions. Thanks!

[name]EDIT[/name]:
My appointment was this morning and it’s official–we’re adding a girl and a boy to our family. The twins are also going to be fraternal

Thanks for all the help! We’ve narrowed down our list of names based on your opinions and the kids’ thoughts on the names. All of them are really getting into naming their little brother and sister, which is neat to see. Anyway, what do you think of these?

Girls…
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]–we thought that the delicate [name]Violet[/name] needed a spunky middle name. It might be a bit “t” heavy, though. Any other middle name suggestions?
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]–I absolutely love this combo–thanks to [name]Lemon[/name] or suggesting it. My only concern is that [name]Clara[/name] sounds and looks kind of dull.

Boys…
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]–I’m not sure if I like [name]Beckett[/name] (hubby suggested it) but I can’t find any other name that sounds decent with it. Suggestions?
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]

Right now, our top pair is [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]. [name]Maxwell[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] seem a bit bland compared to our other children’s names.

We’d love suggestions on other names that would work with [name]Violet[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], or [name]Clara[/name].

Thanks again!

[name]Fiona[/name],

Firstly, [name]Leo[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name] are quite a wonderful set of names! And, I’m partial to [name]Fiona[/name], too…

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] - Not a [name]Nora[/name] fan…
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] - This is incredible! [name]Love[/name] it with the kids’ names!
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] - Cute…
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] - Different middle name?
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Rosie[/name]) - [name]Rosalind[/name]? Not loving [name]Rosalie[/name]…
[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - Pretty…
[name]Clara[/name] ______ - [name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], of course! [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] - Pretty…

HONESTLY, I [name]LOVE[/name] MOST OF THESE GIRL NAMES EXCEPT [name]NORA[/name] - AND MAYBE [name]SYLVIA[/name] AND [name]ROSALIE[/name]. [name]VIOLET[/name] [name]ARABELLA[/name] AND [name]CLARA[/name] [name]GENEVIEVE[/name] ARE MY FAVORITES TOGETHER! [name]RUBY[/name] [name]ISOBEL[/name] AND [name]VIOLET[/name] [name]ARABELLA[/name] WOULD BE STUNNING, TOO!

Boys…
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Beckett[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] with the kids’ names…
[name]William[/name] [name]Jacoby[/name] ([name]Will[/name]) - So handsome, love this!
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] ([name]Max[/name]) - Very nice name…
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name]) - Handsome.
[name]Dexter[/name] ______ - Not loving this…
[name]Callum[/name] [name]Tobias[/name] - Not loving this combination, personally…
[name]Felix[/name] _____ - Eh…

I THINK YOU NEED A MORE SIMPLE CLASSIC NAME TO MATCH THE [name]FEEL[/name] OF [name]HENRY[/name], SINCE [name]BOTH[/name] [name]JASPER[/name] AND [name]LEO[/name] ARE MORE VIVACIOUS IN MY OPINION. YOU HAVE GREAT NAMES! I AM PARTIAL TO [name]OLIVER[/name] [name]BECKETT[/name], [name]WILLIAM[/name] [name]JACOBY[/name], [name]MAXWELL[/name] [name]HUGO[/name], AND [name]CHARLES[/name] [name]ATTICUS[/name]. FOR ONE BOY, I WOULD CHOOSE [name]WILLIAM[/name] [name]JACOBY[/name]! DIFFERENT END SOUNDS FROM [name]LEO[/name], [name]HENRY[/name], AND [name]JASPER[/name]…

So, if I were you, I’d choose:

GG: [name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
GG: [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]

BG: [name]William[/name] [name]Jacoby[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
BG: [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I love all your names. Great taste!
my absolute favorites if the twins are:

Girl/girl:
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]

Boy/girl:
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]

Congrats! Twins are exciting!!

GREAT names!

For girls my favs are:
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] (just beautiful and fits nicely with [name]Eliza[/name])
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

Other suggestions for girls names:
[name]Amaryllis[/name] ([name]Rilla[/name])
[name]Hazel[/name] (but only if it is bg twins)
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name] ([name]Ginny[/name])

For boys I like:

I think the other choices for boys aren’t quite as “Strong” as [name]Leo[/name], [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Henry[/name].

Other Suggestions for boys:
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Gardiner[/name] (Gard)
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name] ([name]Wes[/name])

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Edward[/name], [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Alaric[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]…

Great names! My favourites are…

Two girls -
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Jane[/name]/[name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Arabella[/name] (I don’t think [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] flows very well) and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]/[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] (love the flow of this!) and [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]

Girl and boy -
[name]Calum[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]/[name]Charles[/name]/[name]Hugo[/name] (with one L, the traditional spelling, and not with [name]Tobias[/name], it doesn’t flow very well) and [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Jacoby[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]

[name]How[/name] exciting! I love [name]Leo[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] by the way!

Girls…
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]- I love [name]Juliet[/name] so much! However, [name]Nora[/name] feels much more nick-namey to me than [name]Eliza[/name]. What about [name]Eleanora[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name]?

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]- I absolutely love [name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]!

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]- ditto! [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] would be brilliant as well.

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]- I prefer [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] with your other childrens’ names but I can see something a little more spunky and whimsical in this set…

[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Rosie[/name])- [name]Rosalie[/name] is pretty but I prefer [name]Rosaline[/name] or [name]Rosalind[/name].

[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]- I’m not a big fan of [name]Sylvia[/name]. [name]Sylvie[/name] is adorable but might not be the best fit…

[name]Clara[/name] ______- I love [name]Clara[/name] and second the suggestion of [name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]. [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Clara[/name] sound beautiful as well.

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]- [name]Lucy[/name] feels very common next to your other childrens’ names. [name]Isobel[/name] would fit in wonderfully, although I love [name]Isadora[/name] even more :slight_smile:

I absolutely adore [name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]/[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name].

Boys…
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]- I think this is wonderful because I feel like [name]Henry[/name] needs a more classic match. [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] are two peas in a pod in terms of style while [name]Henry[/name], though wonderful with them as well, could be helped tremendously with a classic choice for another little brother.

[name]William[/name] [name]Jacoby[/name] ([name]Will[/name])- ditto, though I prefer the less popular [name]Oliver[/name].

[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] ([name]Max[/name])- I love this!

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name])- ditto.

[name]Dexter[/name] ______- I’m not a big fan of [name]Dexter[/name]. It feels very modern in comparison to [name]Henry[/name], [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name].

[name]Callum[/name] [name]Tobias[/name]- It’s nice but not my favorite…

[name]Felix[/name] _____- ditto.

GG: [name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] & [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]

GB: [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] & [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] & [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] & [name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] ([name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] is so cute!)

Good luck! :wink:

Your taste is impeccable! Wow! What a beautifully named family. I’m going to be picky with my comments, but only because your list is so good. Any of the names you’re thinking of would work well.

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] - I’m not a huge fan of [name]Nora[/name] except for the [name]Norah[/name] [name]Jones[/name] association, and to me it doesn’t seem as sophisticated as your other children’s names. However, I [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], especially in the middle. The combo flows wonderfully, but then again, so do all of your combos. :slight_smile:
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] - I am torn between loving the look and feel of [name]Violet[/name] and disliking how close it is to the word violent. [name]Arabella[/name] always makes me think of a spider for some reason, but it is pretty nonetheless. I don’t really like the sound of this name with [name]Eliza[/name] since both contain a long “i”.
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] - I would not use either name myself, but the sound and style fit well with your set.
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] - [name]Just[/name] gorgeous. This name is so rich and sumptuous. My favorite so far.
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] ([name]Rosie[/name]) - This name is both adorable on a child and elegant on a grown woman. Perfect.
[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - Feels dated to me. Does not have nearly as much personality as your other names.
[name]Clara[/name] ______ - [name]Clara[/name] is such a sweet name. Had you considered pairing [name]Juliet[/name] with it, assuming you don’t use [name]Nora[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]? [name]Clara[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is also very pretty, although I’m not sure if it’s quite your style.
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] - Beautiful, and you picked my favorite spelling of the middle name. :slight_smile: This name isn’t quite as vivacious as [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name], but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I absolutely love this name paired with [name]Clara[/name]. The combo of [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is TO DIE FOR.

Boys…
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Beckett[/name] - My favorite of your boys combos. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Oliver[/name].
[name]William[/name] [name]Jacoby[/name] ([name]Will[/name]) - I don’t like this in your set only because the nickname [name]Will[/name] is so popular. [name]William[/name] fits with your other sons’ names, but [name]Will[/name] does not. [name]Even[/name] if you planned to call him [name]William[/name] in full, many people would probably call him [name]Will[/name] anyway.
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] ([name]Max[/name]) - Kind of the same story as [name]Will[/name], except [name]Max[/name] isn’t quite as popular (at least as I perceive it).
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name]) - [name]Charlie[/name] fits better with your other sons’ names than [name]Will[/name] and [name]Max[/name] do. I like this combo.
[name]Dexter[/name] ______ - [name]Dexter[/name] has always felt a bit awkward to me, but I think I am in the minority in that opinion.
[name]Callum[/name] [name]Tobias[/name] - I love this name, but [name]Callum[/name] feels slightly more modern to me than [name]Henry[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], and [name]Leo[/name]. It still works well in your set though.
[name]Felix[/name] _____ - I like this name, but I’m not sure I can shake the cat association completely in my mind. Good with your set, though.

My favorite pairings
G/G: [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] (sorry for kind of assuming [name]Juliet[/name] as the middle here, but I just love this combo!), [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] (or [name]Clara[/name]) [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

B/G: [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isobel[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] (something), [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]

What do you think of these?

[name]Otis[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Homer[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Jolie[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

congratulations! twins!!! that is oh, so exciting!!!
For girls I love the set of [name]Pheobe[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name]
maybe [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Pheobe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], both mn ending with the “a” orr what about [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Pheobe[/name]?
[name]Pheobe[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]?

[name]Love[/name], love [name]Dexter[/name] & [name]Atticus[/name] together!
[name]Dexter[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]. [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Dexter[/name]
I alsoreally like the combo of [name]Dexter[/name] [name]Beckett[/name].

[name]Pheobe[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] and [name]Dexter[/name] [name]Beckett[/name].
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] & [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]

other names you might like…
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Tristin[/name]
[name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Marcy[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]

I think you have a lot of good choices but I would aviod the combination of [name]Max[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] as it is the title of a show on Nickelodeon.

My appointment was this morning and it’s official–we’re adding a girl and a boy to our family. The twins are also going to be fraternal

Thanks for all the help! We’ve narrowed down our list of names based on your opinions and the kids’ thoughts on the names. All of them are really getting into naming their little brother and sister, which is neat to see. Anyway, what do you think of these?

Girls…
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]–we thought that the delicate [name]Violet[/name] needed a spunky middle name. It might be a bit “t” heavy, though. Any other middle name suggestions?
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]–I absolutely love this combo–thanks to [name]Lemon[/name] or suggesting it. My only concern is that [name]Clara[/name] sounds and looks kind of dull.

Boys…
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]–I’m not sure if I like [name]Beckett[/name] (hubby suggested it) but I can’t find any other name that sounds decent with it. Suggestions?

Right now, our top pair is [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]. [name]Maxwell[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] seem a bit bland compared to our other children’s names.

We’d love suggestions on other names that would work with [name]Violet[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], or [name]Clara[/name].

Thanks again!

I like [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]! Good pick!

Congratulations on your B/G twins. They will have beautiful names which ever pairing you choose.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]-- I really like this. It is a little heavy but definitely works!

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Alice[/name]

I think [name]Iris[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] would be wonderful too! I personally prefer [name]Iris[/name] a little compared to [name]Violet[/name] as [name]Iris[/name] was the Greek [name]Goddess[/name] of the rainbow as well as being a floral name :slight_smile:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]- I like it but not as much as [name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]–this is a stunning combination. I don’t think [name]Clara[/name] is dull at all!

Boys…
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]–This is a great combination. I don’t like [name]Beckett[/name] as a first name but it actually sounds v good as a mn with [name]Oliver[/name].

[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]- not a fan of [name]Maxwell[/name] myself, as it reminds me of ‘[name]Maxwell[/name] House’ coffee- cheap instant coffee… [name]Hugo[/name] is nice!

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]- this is a great combination too!

[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] and [name]Charles[/name]

Would you maybe consider something like [name]Arthur[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name] as they have that slight vintage feel of [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Clara[/name]?

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Beckett[/name] get my vote. No need to suggest changes to middle names.