Help with second son's name!

My husband loves the name [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]. I like it, but I’m not sold. His middle name will be [name_m]Salvator[/name_m] (family name) and his big brother’s name is [name_m]Trey[/name_m] [name_m]Johan[/name_m].

Here’s our list- please help us narrow it down:

[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_m]Brandt[/name_m]
[name_m]Davis[/name_m]

I have always thought [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] was a really cool name. I first heard it when I was a little girl in Catholic school as there is a St. [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] and remember thinking even then that it was a different, unique, handsome name. It doesn’t strike me as a perfect match with [name_m]Trey[/name_m] because they seem like different styles and they both share that long -a sound, but I don’t necessarily think sibling have to match. Out of your list, with brother [name_m]Trey[/name_m], I like [name_m]Davis[/name_m] the best.

My love for [name_m]Davis[/name_m] completely overshadows my interest in any of the other names on your list! I don’t know why it hasn’t seen more use - it’s familiar but uncommon. Although the "s"es at the end of [name_m]Davis[/name_m] and beginning of [name_m]Salvator[/name_m] do run the risk of running together, for the amount of use the middle name sees I wouldn’t worry about it (and you’d have the same problem with [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] anyway). TEAM [name_m]DAVIS[/name_m]!

While I understand that [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] is a legitimate name with a cool history, I would worry that a lot of people would think you were using a kree8iv spelling for [name_u]Blaze[/name_u], which really rubs me the wrong way. I would also worry that both [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] and [name_u]Blake[/name_u] sound too similar to [name_m]Trey[/name_m] since they both have one syllable with a prominent long “a” sound. [name_m]Brandt[/name_m] doesn’t trouble me if I’m thinking objectively - it feels abrupt to me, but if you have a long surname it could work well. It just doesn’t delight me like [name_m]Davis[/name_m] does!

[name_u]Blake[/name_u] is the best fit with [name_m]Trey[/name_m]. I think [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] is very 80’s cheesy.

[name_u]Blaise[/name_u] is nms, but I do think it works well with [name_m]Trey[/name_m]. I prefer [name_m]Davis[/name_m] and [name_u]Blake[/name_u], though, and think they work just as well with [name_m]Trey[/name_m]. [name_u]Blake[/name_u] [name_m]Salvator[/name_m] sounds the best to me because the S’s run together a bit with [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] and [name_m]Davis[/name_m] [name_m]Salvator[/name_m]. So that’s my vote… Good luck!

My vote is definitely for [name_m]Brandt[/name_m]. [name_m]Brandt[/name_m] [name_m]Salvator[/name_m] sounds amazing, [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. I also think [name_m]Brandt[/name_m] and [name_m]Trey[/name_m] make a wonderful sibset. Of all your options [name_m]Brandt[/name_m] and [name_m]Trey[/name_m] sounds the most distinctive from one another. At any rate, good luck and God bless. :slight_smile:

Stand alone I like [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] the best, but I agree with white_roses [name_m]Brandt[/name_m] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] sounds really great (the repeating stress on the ‘t’) and [name_m]Brandt[/name_m] and [name_m]Trey[/name_m] sound the most similar in style. Also [name_m]Brandt[/name_m] is much less common then Baise/[name_u]Blaze[/name_u], I know so many boys and girls called [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]/[name_u]Blaze[/name_u]

I think [name_u]Blake[/name_u] works best with [name_m]Trey[/name_m].