Help with short list of names and middles.

We have narrowed down our lists and found a few names we both like. I wish there were a few more, but I am glad we agree on something!

[name]Lillian[/name] nn [name]Lilly[/name] (DH wants to spell it that way)
[name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name]

[name]Lillian[/name] - I like it a lot, find it classic. Yes, I know how popular it is, along with other [name]Lily[/name] names.
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] - too much with two nature names? I find [name]Lillian[/name] very frilly and like that [name]Brooke[/name] is a little more “unisex”.

[name]Brooke[/name] - I love this name but think that maybe [name]Lillian[/name] would serve her better throughout life because it is more classic. I am having a hard time with middle names for [name]Brooke[/name]. Does anyone see [name]Brooke[/name] as a surname? I don’t want a surname for a girl.

[name]Brynn[/name] - I like this but feel it is a little lacking in substance. Would anyone mistake [name]Brynn[/name] for a boy’s name? What middle names with [name]Brynn[/name]?

Last name is very similar to Hoffman. [name]Son[/name]'s name is [name]Porter[/name] [name]Austin[/name].

I think all three names are beautiful, but I like [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Brooke[/name] the best. I don’t know any boys named [name]Brynn[/name] but it doesn’t seen feminine to me.
I would not think of [name]Brooke[/name] as surname.

[name]Lillian[/name] - despite the popularity, this is a very classic, beautiful name. It is my favourite of your choices :slight_smile:

[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] - I agree, I think that [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Brooke[/name] balance each other out very nicely, and this has good flow. I don’t find it too nature-y, because they are both popular names, so they feel strictly name-y; not as though you were naming her [name]Daffodil[/name] [name]River[/name].

[name]Brooke[/name] - I think that [name]Lillian[/name] is more classic, and will age much better, but this is quite nice. For a middle name, I would pick something feminine for a good balance, such as [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Aurora[/name], or something very classic, such as [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. The middle will need to be at least two-syllables (three works the best, though, in my opinion) and middles beginning with vowels will flow with the greatest ease.

[name]Brynn[/name] - I agree again; this seems so short and blunt that it lacks substance. I wouldn’t mistake it for a boys’ name, but then again, I would not be surprised if it was. I find this one not just popular, like [name]Lillian[/name], but trendy, like [name]Madison[/name] or [name]Brianna[/name], because of the combination of three name trends at the moment - an -ynn ending, a Y in the middle of a name, and the Br- start (as in [name]Brianna[/name], [name]Bree[/name] et cetera).

My vote is definitely for [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]!

You may also like [name]Paloma[/name] nn [name]Lola[/name], [name]Helen/name, [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Blythe[/name].

Good luck!

Thanks!
DH and I both find [name]Paloma[/name] interesting with a cool meaning, but I think it is akward to say, and a little out there. Maybe a middle name, [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Paloma[/name]?
[name]Helen[/name] - I love it, would be top on my list but doesn’t work with last name, both start with H and end with N. I don’t like [name]Helena[/name] as much.
DH likes [name]Eleanor[/name], I do not.
I have never liked [name]Blythe[/name], I don’t think it is very pretty.

[name]Just[/name] found some possible mn for [name]Brooke[/name]:
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Ciara[/name] (Kee-ra)
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Catriona[/name] ([name]Kat[/name]-ree-na)
[name]Ciara[/name] and [name]Catriona[/name] are Irish, we want to use an Irish name but they are difficult to spell and pronounce, but in the middle it would be ok.

I will look for some more classic names that start with vowels for [name]Brooke[/name].

[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] - I agree, I think that [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Brooke[/name] balance each other out very nicely, and this has good flow.

[name]Brooke[/name] - This is nice. For a middle name, I would pick something feminine like [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Katherine[/name].

[name]Lillian[/name]'s the best. I agree, [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] is a nice name.

[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] - I adore [name]Juliet[/name], but because of the hard K sound at the end of [name]Brooke[/name], I find this one quite hard to say.
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] - this flows very nicely, and [name]Evelyn[/name] is so pretty!
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Ciara[/name] - I adore [name]Ciara[/name], and love that you are spelling it the traditional way (I am part Irish), however the names run together because of the repeating K sounds …
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Catriona[/name] - another nice name, but it has the same flow problem as [name]Ciara[/name], unfortunately.

Some more Irish names (anglicised spellings/pronunciations in brackets) which I think would flow well with [name]Brooke[/name] :
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Aoife[/name] (EE-fa)
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Ailbhe[/name] ([name]AL[/name]-va, [name]Elva[/name])
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Ailis[/name] (AY-leesh, [name]Alice[/name])
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Aine[/name] (AWN-ye)
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Aisling[/name] ([name]ASH[/name]-ling)
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Eilis[/name] (EE-leesh)
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Eithne[/name] (EN-ya, also sometimes pronounced ETH-na or ET-na, depending really on the area of [name]Ireland[/name], [name]Ena[/name]/Ethna/[name]Enya[/name] are all anglicised forms)
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Ide[/name] (EE-da, [name]Ita[/name])
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Onora[/name] ([name]Honora[/name])
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Orfhlaith[/name] ([name]Orla[/name])
[name]Brooke[/name] Odharnait ([name]Orna[/name][t])
[name]Brooke[/name] Siomha (SHEE-va)
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Sorcha[/name] (SOR-ka).

Good luck!

[name]Bryn/name is Welsh, and exclusively male in its country of origin. In Welsh, -in(n) endings are usually female and -yn(n) usually male. I guess they pronounce them differently, but Americans don’t, and see both endings as feminine. In fact, they tend to see yn as more feminine than in.