Help with some names! 🤷

Hi all

:heart: I hope you’re having a good day (and if not, that tomorrow is better) and thank you in advance for humouring me! :heart:

If you want the long version....

Feel totally free to vote on the polls, or you can know that this is for Jellycat plushie things :person_facepalming:

I’m looking to name these guys:

1. I want some sweet for the Love-Me Lobster - something a little cutesy. I’m thinking of Mabel mostly, or Maisie! But if you feel like one of the others (or another suggestion) fits better, please vote on a different one!

2. For the Carrot, I’m thinking something a bit clunky? Curtis, Ernie, and Ralphie came to mind!

3. For the Succulent, I’ve pretty much settled on Percy, but then I thought of Archie and Casper and made me doubt!

4. For the Toastie Avocado, I have no idea! The only one coming to mind is Olive, but I’m not sure if that’s very weird to name an avocado that :grin:

…but if not, feel free to answer whichever of these polls/questions that you want!

Which of these names do you like best (or at least find sweetest?)
  • Mabel
  • Maisie
  • Mitzi
  • Cherish
  • Cerise
  • Libby
  • Elsie
0 voters
Do you prefer…
  • Curtis
  • Ralphie
  • Ernie
0 voters
Which do you prefer…
  • Percy
  • Archie
  • Casper
0 voters

1. Can you suggest some names like Olive please?

Thank you so much :heart: and, as ever, this is not for a baby!!!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Cerise[/name_f] are super sweet (I especially like [name_f]Cerise[/name_f] because of the red colour connection!)
I would have picked [name_m]Curtis[/name_m] for the carrot, but I prefer the non-alliteration option, and I think you’ve hit the nail on the head with [name_m]Percy[/name_m]!

As for [name_f]Olive[/name_f], maybe…
Something with similar sound, like [name_f]Livia[/name_f], [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], or [name_f]Ollie[/name_f]
Something with similar vibe like [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Viola[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], or [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
Something with a similar colour like [name_f]Fern[/name_f], Blerta, [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], or [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

1 Like

They’re so cute!

Names like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] (seconding Opal!):

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]June[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruby[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]

@OctaviaMay thank you for your thoughts! :heart:
I’m liking [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] :slight_smile:

@VEL Thank you!!
I’m liking [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Clover[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] would be a good option too (but it’s a good friend’s name :grin:)

1 Like

I love Jellycats!!

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] is so perfect for the lobster! Definitely the winner in my opinion! [name_f]Libby[/name_f] is very sweet as well though!

I debated between [name_m]Curtis[/name_m] & [name_m]Ralphie[/name_m] for the carrot, but in the end [name_m]Curtis[/name_m] is just so perfect!

I love [name_m]Percy[/name_m] for the succulent but [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is also super sweet!!

And for [name_f]Olive[/name_f]:
[name_f]Ollie[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] (for some reason I absolutely adore this for an avocado?!)
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]

Yay they’re so adorable!!

I feel very strongly about [name_f]Mitzi[/name_f] for the lobster - I love it because it’s sweet and spunky and she has little mitts!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Some ideas for the avocado:

[name_f]Lula[/name_f] (a type of avocado!!)
[name_f]Coco[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivet[/name_f]
[name_m]Sheldon[/name_m]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]

@Evergreeninrain I am a bit obsessed with them atm :grin:

Thank you for your thoughts!!

I have been pondering [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] actually, so that is a good shout! [name_f]Nina[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] are great too!

@winterlyricalfox thank you!!

ooh, the mitts/Mitzi connection is so cute!

I love the idea of [name_f]Lula[/name_f] (alas, a guinea pig called [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and a cousin with a [name_f]Lu[/name_f]- name makes me hesitate!)
[name_f]Coco[/name_f] and [name_m]Sheldon[/name_m] are fabulous too!!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Libby[/name_f] the lobster would be super cute (also like [name_f]Cerise[/name_f] for her)

[name_m]Curtis[/name_m] the carrot would be amazing

I think the succulent looks more like a [name_m]Casper[/name_m] but [name_m]Percy[/name_m] is cute

I think [name_f]Olive[/name_f] does work because it’s also a shade or green but suggestions for the avocado…

[name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
[name_f]Osla[/name_f]
[name_f]Viv[/name_f]
[name_f]Livvy[/name_f]
[name_f]Avie[/name_f]
[name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Alys[/name_f]
[name_f]Katie[/name_f]
[name_m]Kit[/name_m]
Cardigan
[name_f]Cosy[/name_f]
[name_m]Koa[/name_m]
[name_f]June[/name_f]
[name_f]Posy[/name_f]
[name_f]Verde[/name_f]
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f]
[name_f]Emeraude[/name_f] ‘Emmie’
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Oona[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_m]Olave[/name_m]

I voted [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] for the lobster because I really like that name but I’m now thinking:

Mabel-Curtis-Percy-Oona

Mitizi-Ernie-Archie-Ruthie

Libby-Curtis-Percy-Nell

But I also like the starting letter to be sane letter as name of animal so:

Libby-Curtis-Simon/Steven/Stellan (for “succulent” but “Percy the plant” works too)-Ada/Agnes/Anna/Amybeth

I love Jellycats! I have a corgi who I haven’t named yet, but am excited to!

1. I loveee Mitzi for the lobster, so cute!
  2. Ralphie or maybe Custer for the carrot?
  3. Percy is really cute for the succulent, or maybe Selby?
  4. Maybe Wren, Scout, Lively, Phoebe, Junie or Ottoline for the avocado? Olivette? Those are some names that remind me of Olive lol!

if it were me, I’d name them Mitzi the lobster, Custer the carrot, Selby the succulent, and Ottoline the avocado.

@EloiseT thank you :heart: that’s a great perspective! I hadn’t thought of [name_f]Oona[/name_f], [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f], [name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Amybeth[/name_f] and Agnes!!

@Etymology thank you!!
That’s a good way to think of [name_f]Olive[/name_f] too :slight_smile: I like [name_f]Viv[/name_f], [name_f]Alys[/name_f], [name_f]Osla[/name_f], [name_f]Oona[/name_f], [name_f]Posy[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] :slight_smile:

@auroracallista the corgi is so cute - good luck with finding a name!
[name_f]Selby[/name_f] is cute!
And [name_f]Scout[/name_f], [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f], and [name_f]Junie[/name_f] are lovely - thank you!!

1. for the lobster elsie came to mind? as well as millie/milly!
  2. ooh i like ernie for the carrot, curtis is also sweet. the only other thing i can think of is cornelius!
  3. percy is sweet! go for it!
  4. i have an avocado…it’s name is bean. :slightly_smiling_face: ahh thank you to my silly eleven year old self and my friends!
    olive is nice, sage also fits that green colour vibe!
    maybe alivia for olive’s kinda sound? evelina came to mind no idea why!

let us know what you decide!

@melia22
ooh, [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] is one I’d pondered! And [name_f]Millie[/name_f] too - thank you!!
[name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] is fun - I like it :slight_smile:
Ooh [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is so cute! (and [name_f]Bean[/name_f] - [name_f]Bean[/name_f] is a fun name for an avocado!)

Update:

I’m settled on [name_m]Percy[/name_m] and [name_m]Curtis[/name_m] for the succulent / plant and the carrot (they’re making sense to me for them) - so thank you for all the thoughts / votes / ideas!

For the lobster, I think I’m down to [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Mitzi[/name_f] and Maisie/Maisy (but [name_f]Libby[/name_f] and now [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] are still in the running too)

For the avocado, I’m leaning towards [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] or [name_f]Freya[/name_f]? Maybe [name_f]Willa[/name_f]?

1 Like

I would choose:

Mitzi & Freya
Mabel & Willa
Maisie & Olivia (or Willa)

I think Mabel and Olivia together might be too straight for Percy and Curtis. Actually I would pick those four if you want a more clipped and upright feel. The other combos bring something more playful and clunky cute to the set.

Edit: I still like Libby too - would probably choose Freya with it. I’m not as keen on Elsie for the lobster if anything see it working on avocado.

1 Like