Help with the name NORA and a first name

[name]Hi[/name] all, I am back again. Help us name baby girl!
My mothers name is [name]Nora[/name] [name]Ann[/name]. We want to honor her and my [name]MIL[/name] ([name]Margaret[/name] [name]Francis[/name]).
I thought we had decided on [name]Eleanora[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] NN [name]Ella[/name]… now with less than 3 weeks to go DH has decided he doesn’t like [name]Eleanora[/name].

I like the name [name]Ann[/name], fine name really, however [name]Ann[/name] is also the name of DH’s ex fianc”… so I would MUCH rather use [name]NORA[/name] someway to honor this baby. We would be using 2 middle names to honor the moms, and I need some suggestions.

I know of [name]Annora[/name], [name]Lenora[/name]… etc DH doesnt like any of them, he likes [name]Arianna[/name].

Any suggestions? We were not going to use [name]NORA[/name] as my mom actually really dislikes her name…

I am having a hard time letting go of [name]ELLA[/name]…

Other contenders were [name]Charlotte[/name] - just ok neither of us [name]LOVE[/name] it
[name]Aurora[/name] - I love by Dh says has negative connotation to him… sounds like bad slang where he comes from
[name]Aurelia[/name] - I like but it seems “too much”

We are most open to new suggestions!!

With a first name not including “[name]NORA[/name]” which middle names would you pair with it? Need to honor both moms
Options are
1)something with [name]Nora[/name] in the name
2)[name]Ann[/name]
3)[name]Margaret[/name]
4)[name]Francis[/name]
Thanks for your help!

I love [name]Eleanora[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Ella[/name]! So pretty! For alternatives, how about:

[name]Annora[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] (I think you said DH doesn’t like [name]Annora[/name] though)
[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Adrianna[/name] [name]Frances[/name] (but I think you’re getting further from honoring your mom)
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Ann[/name]

[name]How[/name] about choosing another first name that you can still shorten to “[name]Ella[/name]” and then use the two middles names to honor your mothers.

I like [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ellison[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name] just to name a couple.

[name]Ella[/name] can also be a nn for any name ENDINg in ella, [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Rafaella[/name], etc.

And even for [name]Elizabeth[/name].

I also like [name]Elodie[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name].

Oh, even better, what about [name]Anabelle[/name] or [name]Anabella[/name], nn [name]Ella[/name]?

I loved [name]Eleanora[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]! :frowning:

Would he use [name]Eleanora[/name] in the middle?

Other names with [name]Nor[/name]:

[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]/[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name] [name]Frances[/name]

I don’t know if this is stretching it too much, but could you use something that sounds like [name]Nora[/name], like [name]Cora[/name]?

If this is an option:

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Frances[/name] (nn [name]Cora[/name] or [name]Delia[/name])
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Margot[/name]

[name]Corinna[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] (nn [name]Cora[/name]…[name]Corinna[/name] contains the letters in [name]Nora[/name])

More names that contain the letters in [name]Nora[/name]:

[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Rosaline[/name]

[name]Annabelle[/name]/[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestions, I am taking them to him. I am also going to state how much others love [name]Eleanora[/name] as well… :wink:

I would go with [name]Ella[/name] as a first name! And [name]Nora[/name] [name]Francis[/name] as 2 mn’s to honor both grandmothers:

[name]Ella[/name] [name]Nora[/name] [name]Francis[/name]–[name]LOVE[/name] it!

I don’t have much to contribute, but since he likes [name]Arianna[/name], maybe he’d like the spelling [name]Ali[/name]”nor as an alternative to [name]Eleanora[/name]? I [name]Ali[/name]”nor is the original form of [name]Eleanor[/name], and the Alianora variant is beautiful as well which gives you the same pronunciation as [name]Eleanora[/name].

Also, [name]Leonora[/name] is another version which is more interesting than [name]Lenore[/name], and [name]Elnora[/name] is perhaps more streamlined, but still interesting :slight_smile:
Others:
[name]Enora[/name]
[name]Gwenora[/name]
[name]Sonora[/name] (which always makes me think of music, and has the [name]Sunny[/name] nn as an additional option)
Ionor (prn. [name]YON[/name]-or, Welsh, means [name]January[/name])
Ereanora (but just sounds like you’re in Japan where all L’s become R’s)

For some reason I keep thinking of [name]Corinna[/name], I’m not entirely sure, but you’ve got [name]Ann[/name] backwards at the end :slight_smile:

[name]Marianne[/name]/[name]Marianna[/name] is a usually overlooked name that deserves better, and would honour both mothers! :smiley:
[name]Roseanna[/name] is also lovely, along with [name]Susanna[/name].
[name]Vianne[/name] and [name]Vivianne[/name] come to mind.
And I’m all named up!

Best of luck!