help with twin girl names.

We are expecting twin girls. Our son’s name is [name]Noah[/name].

We both love [name]Autumn[/name] and are trying to come up with a second name.
On the list are
[name]Alexa[/name], [name]Meadow[/name], and possible [name]Hailey[/name].

I love [name]Meadow[/name] but can’t imagine it as an adult name.

Middle name possibilities are [name]Jocelyn[/name] and [name]Allison[/name]. [name]Both[/name] names of grandmas.

Another possible middle name is [name]Bernice[/name]. This would be after my grandmother who made us promise not to use her name as she didn’t like it.

[name]Autumn[/name] is really sweet! I like [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name] together. I know two little sisters who are [name]Hailey[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name], so I think [name]Noah[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], and [name]Hailey[/name] would work great. The two girls I know have a big brother named [name]Nathan[/name]…

I also actually really love [name]Jocelyn[/name] as a FN. I think [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Jocelyn[/name] would be so cute! But I understand if that could be confusing… I think [name]Hailey[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Allison[/name] would be cute.

Good luck!

I know an adult [name]Meadow[/name] and she is truly lovely. However, her parents are classic hippie types. I think that image is what the name evokes. I am not a fan off [name]Autumn[/name] or [name]Hailey[/name]. Sorry, they are fine names, just nms. [name]Allison[/name] and [name]Jocelyn[/name] would be my choices from your list. Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I think [name]Noah[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], and [name]Hailey[/name] sound nice together. Here are my other suggestions for a sister to [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name]:

[name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

I think [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] go really well together! I don’t think you should use [name]Bernice[/name] if she made you promise not to because she didn’t like it! My mom hates her name, so if I honor her when I name my daughter, I’m just going to use her initials or a variation of her name. What is [name]Bernice[/name]'s middle name? Would that be a possibility?

I know several Meadows, who love their names and were NOT born to hippies. I think [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Meadow[/name] would be darling together. [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Allison[/name] is very cute and spunky in my opinion. [name]Meadow[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name] could also be cute depending on your last name. I think that [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Meadow[/name] go great with [name]Noah[/name]. Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I like the feel of [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Meadow[/name] together, to me they have the same feel and as beautiful as your other names on your list are they just feel to different from [name]Autumn[/name] to work… just in case here are some ideas…

[name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Mable[/name]
Berkleigh

[name]Noah[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], and [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], and [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], and [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], and [name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], and [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], and [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], and [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], and [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Noah[/name], [name]Autumn[/name], and [name]Serena[/name]

[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Joy[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Emily[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] [name]Amanda[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] and [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Alyssa[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Liliana[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Samantha[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Rebekah[/name] and [name]Serena[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]

[name]Noah[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name] are really sweet sibling names :slight_smile: as a twin for [name]Autumn[/name], I’d avoid any more nature names - including [name]Meadow[/name]. It’s just a bit predictable and matchy; a lot of twins don’t like having very matchy names. For this reason, I’d also avoid [name]Alexa[/name] as they have the same initials. If you’re going to use a theme, I’d do it as middle names.

So, I assume you’re going for [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]? [name]Hailey[/name] [name]Allison[/name] would be nice enough, [name]Hailey[/name] doesn’t seem to fit that well with [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name] though. If you love [name]Meadow[/name], maybe use it as a nickname. It would work as a nickname for anything, but if you want the nickname to tie into the actual name, consider: [name]Maude[/name] [name]Allison[/name], [name]Medora[/name] [name]Allison[/name], Medina [name]Allison[/name], [name]Medea[/name] [name]Allison[/name], [name]Meade[/name] [name]Allison[/name], [name]Melody[/name] [name]Allison[/name], [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Allison[/name]…

I think [name]Noah[/name], [name]Autumn[/name] & [name]Meadow[/name] sound great together!

Something else I’ve thought of, but probably not up your street. You could use variants of the middle names as the first names (eg. [name]Josephine[/name] or [name]Madeline[/name] [MAD-uh-lin] for [name]Jocelyn[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] for [name]Allison[/name]) and keep [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Meadow[/name] as middles - that way, you get your theme without the names being too matchy, and you can call them by their middle names until they grow up and want something professional.

I think [name]Noah[/name], [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Meadow[/name] would be really gorgeous together. [name]Just[/name] a suggestion though.

So now I am having issues with [name]Autumn[/name]. I am finding stuff online about how people in the US pronounce it. [name]Ah[/name] dum vs. ah tum. When I really sit and say the name slowly I don’t think I pronounce it with a full d but also not a full t sound. When I try to say it with the t then it sounds weird to me. I have never thought of the problems with pronunciation with the name and never thought about how I am probably not saying it right.

[name]Don[/name]'t worry about the pronunciation: Americans do make many internal t’s into something closer to a d-sound, sort of in between d and t, like you said.

Everyone knows the word autumn, and the issue you bring up would be the same for many names with an internal t followed by a vowel–like the name [name]Greta[/name] for instance.

I agree that you shouldn’t worry about pronunciation. I am American and I did learn about this type of pronunciation in my [name]History[/name] of the English language class, and while it is true with some words and some people, it’s not always the case. I can clearly hear the “t” when I say [name]Autumn[/name] out loud, but you obviously wouldn’t stress the “t” because the stress is on the first syllable of [name]Autumn[/name], not the second.

I can’t really help with the pronunciation. I’m English; here a T and a D sound nothing like each other ever, and [name]Autumn[/name]'s a common word as we don’t call that season “Fall”. We say it AWE-tum. Chances are you’re probably saying it right :slight_smile: But if you have plans to move to another country at all, be aware that it may sound completely different there.