help with twin names please!

we are cautiously expecting twins in march and are stumped for boy names. for g/g twins we like maisie anne and isla jane. for g/b twins we are thinking maisie anne and callum james? some other boy names we like are oliver, tobin, miles/milo. but i really want the names to “go” together since they will be twins! we have a 2 yr old DS named beckett reed also. i guess i prefer english/irish names. ideas? help with pairs? thanks!

[name]Hi[/name]!

I think that the girl/girl and girl/boy twin combos you have are great together and with [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Reed[/name]. [name]Maisie[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] both feel spunky, sweet, and distinctly feminine to me, and the middle names, [name]Anne[/name] and [name]Jane[/name], are solid classics. And, if you want to get technical, the first names are both of Scottish origin and have two syllables, and the middles both have four letters, one syllable, and the -ne ending.

[name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] and [name]Callum[/name] [name]James[/name] are great together, too, and I can easily see them with [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Reed[/name]. Again, the first names are Scottish and two syllables, while the middles are one syllable classics.

From your list of boys’ names to go with [name]Callum[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Tobin[/name] is my favorite with your other names. [name]Oliver[/name] is great, but I think that it’s a bit too classic next to your other names. It’s also longer than the rest of the names on your list, which are all two syllables. I can see [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Milo[/name] working, but they would rule out [name]Maisie[/name] for a future daughter, if matching initials are an issue for you. If you haven’t picked out a middle name yet, what about [name]Tobin[/name] [name]Miles[/name], [name]Tobin[/name] [name]Milo[/name], or [name]Tobin[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]?

G/G: [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
G/B: [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] and [name]Callum[/name] [name]James[/name]
B/B: [name]Callum[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Tobin[/name] [name]Miles[/name]/[name]Milo[/name]/[name]Oliver[/name] - [name]Miles[/name] would be my pick, as it has five letters, one syllable, and the “s” ending like [name]James[/name].

Congratulations on the twins, by the way! :slight_smile:

I also love “[name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name]” and “[name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]”. They work great together!

Congratulations on the twins! For g/g twins, [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] and
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name] are perfect!
For g/b twins, I like [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] and [name]Callum[/name] [name]James[/name] together! All the names go well, with all of them being of Scottish origin.

thanks!

we like tobin gray (all our middle names are for family members, and gray is in honor of FIL). i’m still working on DH for miles, but he likes milo.

so you think callum and tobin go together? my sister had unofficially “claimed” oliver if she ever has another boy, so we don’t know if we want to deal with that fight or not =) we’d also like to find a boys name that we can use the middle name pete with.

[name]Tobin[/name] [name]Gray[/name] is great, and I think that it works well with [name]Callum[/name] [name]James[/name]

I think that [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Miles[/name] would work equally well with the other names. [name]Miles[/name] has more of a surnamey feel like [name]Beckett[/name] (I know someone with the surname [name]Miles[/name]), but [name]Milo[/name] feels a bit more energetic to me, and it’s closer in popularity to the other names. If you use [name]Milo[/name], you could always go with [name]Miles[/name] for a nickname (and vice versa).

[name]Tobin[/name] [name]Pete[/name], [name]Miles[/name] [name]Pete[/name], or [name]Milo[/name] [name]Pete[/name] might work… You could even change it to [name]Callum[/name] [name]Pete[/name] and [name]Tobin[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Milo[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Tobin[/name] [name]Gray[/name], [name]Miles[/name] [name]Gray[/name], or [name]Milo[/name] [name]Gray[/name]. Others:

[name]Cillian[/name] [name]Pete[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Pete[/name]
[name]Finlay[/name] [name]Pete[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Pete[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name] [name]Pete[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Pete[/name]
[name]Malachy[/name] [name]Pete[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name] [name]Pete[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Pete[/name]

You may also want to check out Nameberry’s blogs on Irish names:
https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/02/18/irish-baby-names-hot-off-the-press/
https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/03/26/irish-celebrity-baby-names/
https://nameberry.com/blog/2010/01/06/irish-baby-names-how-do-you-pronounce-that/
https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/03/02/cool-irish-names-names-for-little-redheads/

And there’s also a Nameberry list called “Irish Names for Boys”:
https://nameberry.com/list/328/Irish-Names-for-Boys

:slight_smile: