Help with twin names!

Hello! [name_f]My[/name_f] wife and I are deciding on our twins’ names, who are scheduled to arrive in a few weeks! We prefer a short, gender neutral first name with longer, gendered middle names. Currently, we have our oldest child, [name_u]Ren[/name_u] [name_f]Ayleth[/name_f] Elorina, and our second child, [name_u]Leith[/name_u] [name_m]Acacius[/name_m] [name_m]Jovan[/name_m]. For our twins, we want their names to fit the theme of our other children, but also to have their names match each others’ as sort of a set. The twins are a boy and a girl.

Some first names that we like include: [name_u]Hollis[/name_u], [name_u]Everest[/name_u], [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_u]Rumi[/name_u], [name_u]Senna[/name_u], [name_u]Irie[/name_u], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
Some middle names that we like include: [name_f]Paloma[/name_f], [name_f]Amabel[/name_f], [name_f]Aubriella[/name_f], [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] for a girl; Lysandre, Lycidas, [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] for a boy
We are avoiding names with X’s and Z’s because our last name has those letters already.

[name_f]My[/name_f] wife has also been loving feminine spellings of traditionally masculine names, such as [name_f]Julienne[/name_f], [name_f]Damienne[/name_f], [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f], and [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f]. I’m definitely open to these options, too. Let me know what y’all think of! We’re super open to suggestions. Thank you :))

Your kids’ names (and your icon) are very cool!!

Using (mostly) yours, I’d suggest:

[name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_m]Cillian[/name_m] [name_m]Jethro[/name_m]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] [name_u]Juno[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] Lysandre [name_u]Onyx[/name_u]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] Lycidas [name_u]Poet[/name_u]
[name_u]Irie[/name_u] [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] [name_u]Story[/name_u]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u] [name_f]Aubriella[/name_f] [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Jethro[/name_m]

Some suggestions:

[name_u]Ren[/name_u], [name_m]Leif[/name_m] and…

[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] Caspienne [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] Astrophrel [name_u]Leo[/name_u]
[name_u]Tay[/name_u] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_u]Nova[/name_u]
[name_u]True[/name_u] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Shep[/name_m] Laretes [name_u]Marlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Sol[/name_u] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_f]Leontine[/name_f] [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_u]Jem[/name_u] [name_u]Leander[/name_u] [name_u]Callum[/name_u]
[name_u]Delta[/name_u] [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] [name_u]Mars[/name_u]
[name_u]Drew[/name_u] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Star[/name_f]

I like [name_u]Ren[/name_u], [name_m]Leif[/name_m], Hollis/Ellis & [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] as a set from your list.
Some combinations using your names (plus a few additions)
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] Lysandre
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] [name_f]Julienne[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_u]Leander[/name_u] [name_m]Jethro[/name_m]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u] [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] [name_f]Aubriella[/name_f]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Jethro[/name_m]

Some alternative ideas;
[name_u]Ren[/name_u], [name_m]Leif[/name_m] and

[name_u]Wynn[/name_u] [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_f]Aubriella[/name_f]
[name_u]Noa[/name_u] [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f]
[name_u]Cobie[/name_u] [name_m]Lucien[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_u]Cove[/name_u] [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Rafe[/name_u]

[name_u]Ren[/name_u], [name_u]Leith[/name_u],

[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_f]Julienne[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] Juilenne
[name_u]Ocean[/name_u] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] Juilenne

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] Lysandre

I love the name [name_u]Arden[/name_u] it is so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

I would go for these first name pairings and - as a twin myself - wouldn’t go for matchy-matchy -
(twins already see themselves in a zero sum game relationship).

[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] & [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] [name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u] Lycidas [name_u]Tobin[/name_u] & [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u] [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] [name_m]Altair[/name_m] & [name_u]Irie[/name_u] [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]

Have adjusted/added to these without knowing your last name - [name_f]Aubrielle[/name_f] or [name_f]Aubriella[/name_f] for eg might sound better than [name_f]Brielle[/name_f] (or [name_f]Joelle[/name_f] as another option) once your last name is in there. [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] sounds better after [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] but obv could go the french -re spelling if moved them around. You could sub in [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f], [name_f]Julienne[/name_f], or [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] for these second middles for the girl names. [name_f]Damienne[/name_f] is a little too out there for me, doesn’t appeal (and not great associations with Damien).

Meanwhile, [name_u]Rowen[/name_u], [name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_u]Remy[/name_u] - and possibly [name_u]Rumi[/name_u] - are too close to [name_u]Ren[/name_u] for me and take away from [name_u]Ren[/name_u] rather than complement it - I would use these as middles if you want them in there.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps! You have great names so far, I’m sure you’ll pick magical names for your twins. :dizzy:

What beautiful names! I am so excited for you!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from your list (including some suggested names!!):
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] [name_f]Estella[/name_f]
&
[name_u]Jade[/name_u] [name_f]Aubriella[/name_f] [name_f]Julienne[/name_f]
(Color names???)

[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] Lysandre [name_u]Wynn[/name_u]
&
[name_u]Everest[/name_u] or Rhys/Reese [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] [name_u]Story[/name_u]
&
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Leroy[/name_m] [name_m]Finnian[/name_m]

Here’s my thinking:
The girl girl set has first names that are both color names

The boy boy set has first names that have either the same first letter or same ending sound

The girl boy set has first names that have the same ending sound!

All three sets have their first middle start with the same letter and their first middle has the same ending sound as the other’s second middle.

I also think all of these names are interchangeable! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!!!