Help!

I got to thinking the other day and I was inspired by a novel I was reading at the time. I’ve decided to write a story about three siblings, a brother and two sisters, who stumble across their murdered parents when they return home from school one day in 2009. The brother, who often gets into trouble and has had a few run-ins with the police, is accused of the murders and taken to trial. Eventually, he is found guilty of both slayings. His two younger sisters go to live with their aunt, uncle, and cousins. As the years go by, evidences appear that do not go along with the scenario the prosecution painted. So my story will mainly focus on whether or not the brother is truly responsible for his parents’ deaths.

My dilemna is names, as usual. I was hoping that I could get some help from you Berries. Here are characters I need names for. (I included their physical and personality traits.)

1. The Brother - This gentleman is seventeen years old at the time of his parents’ murders, meaning he was a senior in high school, probably born around 1992. He has blond hair and green eyes, just like his sisters. He has reached his adult height of 6’1 and he has a sturdy figure. He has played hockey all his life and enjoys it to no end. In his teenage years, he was in trouble a lot. He has had a few run-ins with the police, but no offical criminal record. He has always been loving and nurturing to his younger sisters and his parents never complained that he was a problem at home. For some, it was a shock that he was convicted of his parents’ murders but for others, they had no doubt that this would be the result.

2. The Middle [name]Sister[/name] - The second child and oldest daughter of the murdered parents, this young lady is thirteen years old at the time of her parents’ murder. She was in the eighth grade and probably born around 1996. Like her brother and sister, she has blonde hair and green eyes. She has very pale skin and gives the impression of being very delicate even though she’s tough as nails. She is athletic and plays field hockey, basketball, and lacrosse. She is very protective of her younger sister and a family-oriented type of person. She loved her parents very much but she still had those “teenager” moments when your parents are the most embarrassing people on the [name]Earth[/name]. She brought home good grades and basically stayed out of trouble. She made her parents proud and took pride in doing so. However, as the story points out, she has a terribly dark side which no one wants to be on.

3. The Youngest [name]Sister[/name] - This little girl is only seven years old when her parents were killed. She was in the second grade and born in 2002. She was a clingy little girl. Her parents and her siblings were her safety blankets in life. She was extremely intelligent and wise beyond her years. It seemed to many that she had experienced far more of life by the time she was seven than a lot of people do in their entire lives. Outside of school, she enjoyed gymnastics and dancing. She wasn’t terribly athletic like her brother and sister but she definitely loved what she did. She has long blonde hair and soft green eyes. She has always been labeled as “The Cute One” to both family members and even just people passing by. Throughout the story, she plays a key role in the unity of the three siblings. Whenever the older two can’t decide what to do, they often do what is best for her.

I’m looking for names that work well together. I don’t think I want names that have anything to do with the kids’ personalities. I don’t mind popularity; I think in this instance, I would actually prefer it. I want these kids’ names to show their normalcy and allow one of the main points of the story to prove itself, that this could happen to anyone.

Thank you ahead of time. I really appreciate your help and it means a lot to me. I really feel like I could go a long way with this story, maybe even going as far as a book! :smiley:

I looked up popular names of the 1990’s. Here are some of them. My favs are in bold. [name]Hope[/name] this helps!
Boys - [name]Michael[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Joshua[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Daniel[/name], [name]Tyler[/name] & [name]Joseph[/name]
Girls - [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Ashley[/name], [name]Emily[/name], [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Amanda[/name], [name]Brittany[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Taylor[/name] & [name]Megan[/name]

[name]Jacob[/name], [name]Megan[/name] and [name]Brittany[/name]. [name]Just[/name] came to me.

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I know it’s been a while, but I took a lot of time to consider the suggestions and I think I’ve decided on names for the three main characters.

1. [name]Michael[/name] “[name]Mike[/name], [name]Mikey[/name]”
  2. [name]Samantha[/name] “[name]Sam[/name]”
  3. [name]Elizabeth[/name] “[name]Beth[/name]”

What do you think?

[name]Michael[/name], [name]Samantha[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] are appropriate names for the time and they would work well for your story! [name]Happy[/name] New Year and [name]Happy[/name] Writing!

In the early nineties, the “[name]Mac[/name]” names were really popular, like [name]MacKenzie[/name]. Also, the “[name]Lee[/name]” names–[name]Leanna[/name], [name]Leah[/name], etc. Also, the “place” names: [name]Madison[/name], [name]Austin[/name], [name]Sierra[/name], [name]Savannah[/name], etc.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps a little bit!

JLH

For the boy I like [name]Casey[/name], [name]Dakota[/name] and [name]Johnny[/name]?
The elder girl I like [name]Amber[/name], [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Nicole[/name]?
For the youngest I like [name]Erin[/name], [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Faith[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] I helped