Help!

My partner & I have been set on [name]Harper[/name] from almost day one, if we have a boy. But i keep coming back to [name]Ezekiel[/name].
Partner thinks have it as a middle name, but i think i prefer it as a first.
So, [name]Harper[/name] [name]Ezekiel[/name] Edwards or,
[name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Harper[/name] Edwards ? Anyone think it sounds too long?
Our other options for middle names for [name]Harper[/name] were [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Eoin[/name] or [name]Nathaniel[/name].

Personally, I prefer [name]Harper[/name] on a girl, but I don’t mind it on a boy.

I think [name]Harper[/name] [name]Ezekiel[/name] sounds nice if you don’t mind the alliteration. However, I really prefer [name]Harper[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] from the other names.

I love [name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Harper[/name]! Such a cool name.

I love [name]Harper[/name] for a boy! I do think it’s a bit tricky to use–a lot of people here think of it as a girls’ name now–but I would love to see it given to a bunch of little boys. :slight_smile: I really like either [name]Harper[/name] [name]Ezekiel[/name] or [name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Harper[/name], and [name]Zeke[/name] is such a cute nn. :slight_smile: I really like the idea of [name]Harper[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], too–I think the traditional, strong [name]Thomas[/name] makes [name]Harper[/name] seem more masculine, too.

It sounds like your husband really isn’t a fan of [name]Ezekiel[/name], or at least doesn’t want to give up [name]Harper[/name] as a FN, so I would probably stick to [name]Harper[/name], if that’s what you both love. :slight_smile: [name]Harper[/name] [name]Ezekiel[/name] or [name]Harper[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] would both be great names!

Good luck!

[name]Harper[/name], imho, has really gone to the girls. I [name]LOVE[/name] it on a girl but would not name my ds [name]Harper[/name]…sorry:-(

I consider [name]Harper[/name] a girls name, but of your choices I would pick [name]Harper[/name] [name]Thomas[/name].

[name]Honey[/name], [name]Harper[/name] is all girl now due to the Beckams. [name]Don[/name]'t make your little boy share with the girls.

@boyandgirl - I wouldn’t say it was all girl at all, it will still remain a masculine name, just a masculine name being used on girls. A fad that will eventually die down, or maybe it won’t and all boys will have to share names with little girls then?!

If we all stay away from names that are being used on girls then there won’t be many left for the boys!!!

I love [name]Harper[/name] for a boy so I say go with and [name]Harper[/name] Edwards sounds awesome! [name]Harper[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] Edwards would get my vote.

There are so many handsome, wonderful all boy names out there. I would not use [name]Harper[/name] for a boy myself as I think it is definitely a feminine sounding name…

[name]Harper[/name] is a great choice for a boy. Unfortunately it seems to be used mostly for girls. I prefer [name]Harper[/name] [name]Ezekiel[/name] Edwards, flows better. I’m also partial to [name]Thomas[/name].

Qoute “If we all stay away from names that are being used on girls then there won’t be many left for the boys!!!” End Qoute-so true, to many parents are giving their poor little girls boys names!

Thanks guys, but [name]Harper[/name] will be first or middle name either way. It needs to come back to the boys, too masculine for little girls.
It would seem that any name can be used for a girl these days - I heard of a [name]Brady[/name] recently! So I think a middle name like [name]Nathaniel[/name] or [name]Thomas[/name] might be the go just so if he does give into pressure of others he can go by his masculine middle name.