Help!!!!!!!!

I am wondering which way is the best to spell [name]Isobel[/name]?

[name]Isobel[/name]: The original scottish way also my grandma’s name

[name]Isabelle[/name]: A bit too modern

[name]Isabel[/name]: Better than [name]Isabelle[/name] but I still love [name]Isobel[/name]

Should I use my heart and go with [name]Isobel[/name] or not?

Personally, I like the look of [name]Isobel[/name]. It’s very sophisticated looking and not so over used like [name]Isabelle[/name].

I like [name]Isobel[/name], and to me it offers a slightly different pronunciation. I think there was a Bjork song that makes me thinks so? But be prepared for everyone’s first attempt at spelling it to be wrong.

It is pronounced the same (it is my grandma’s name) yes I am prepared for it (my grandma still gets her name spelt wrong now except it’s [name]Isabel[/name] now it would more likely be [name]Isabelle[/name])

[name]Isobel[/name], definitely.

If it has meaning to you I would go [name]Isobel[/name]. Any of them might be mispelled for each other. Go with the one you love, don’t worry about jumping on a trend.

Look, I am a icy old biddie about “kreative” spellings but all three of these are valid. So why NOT go with the one that honours your own family line?

[name]Isobel[/name] gets my vote. However I pronounce it differently than [name]Isabel[/name]/[name]Isabelle[/name]. I pronounce it is-oh-bel instead of is-uh-bel. Basically I pronounce the o as an o while the a is neutral to me. I like [name]Isobel[/name] much better.

[name]Isobel[/name] gets my vote, both for reasoning (your grandmother’s spelling) and just that it’s my personal favourite spelling.

Thank you I think [name]Isobel[/name] wins!!! (pronounced Is-ub-bel)

I think [name]Isobel[/name] is a great choice for you! I don’t think you have to stick to the spelling a family member used (if I used [name]Katherine[/name], which was my great-grandma’s FN, same spelling and all, I would use the spelling [name]Catherine[/name]…), but if the tie appeals to you I think it’s a great choice. And in your original post, it’s obvious that [name]Isobel[/name] is your preferred spelling. :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Isabelle[/name], personally, but that’s because I love its princessy look and the “bel” endings always looked incomplete to me. That, and I have a lot of ties to French culture, whereas I have none to Scottish and Spanish cultures. [name]Isabelle[/name] is just right for me, but I think [name]Isobel[/name] is right for you. :slight_smile:

[name]Isobel[/name] is my favourite, it just looks more elegant and appealing to me. I also really like the [name]Isobelle[/name] speeling and thing that that would be my absolute favourite spelling. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Isabel[/name] best :slight_smile:

[name]Isobel[/name] is the best, though it will be misspelled frequently.

I know all the misspellings as it is my grandma’s name and I know a baby [name]Isabel[/name] so. I do know but all names will get misspelled