Help!?

Alright, so I’m nowhere near the time of bearing children, but it doesn’t hurt to think right?

Anyway, my father is a capital H, huge fan of [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Wayne[/name_m], and his favorite film is The Shootist. [name_f]One[/name_f] of the main actors is [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] Bacall, and her characters name is [name_m]Bond[/name_m] [name_m]Rogers[/name_m]. I remember when I was younger, about ten or twelve, he always said he thought it would be a cool name for a girl. So, I put that little bit of information away and I’ve been thinking about it a lot. I also thought about using it for a middle name.

What do you fellow Berries think about [name_m]Bond[/name_m], as a first name for a little girl? What about middle names?

I’ve been thinking about;

[name_m]Bond[/name_m] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_m]Bond[/name_m] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_m]Bond[/name_m]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [name_m]Bond[/name_m]
[name_f]Lore[/name_f] ([name_f]Lore[/name_f]-uh) [name_m]Bond[/name_m]
[name_f]Della[/name_f] [name_m]Bond[/name_m]

Any suggestions are welcome!

I really don’t like it. As far as word names, it’s not even that pleasant a word. Your reasoning is nice, but I just don’t think it works really well.

I like the thought behind it, but most people will think [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Bond[/name_m], stocks and bonds, bondage, etc. Not wearable, and I don’t like it on a guy either.

The Shootist is a great movie, but you may as well go for [name_f]Katie[/name_f] (The Sons of [name_f]Katie[/name_f] [name_m]Elder[/name_m]), [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] (The [name_m]Man[/name_m] Who Shot [name_f]Liberty[/name_f] Valance), [name_u]Pat[/name_u] (his last lover), [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] or [name_f]Melinda[/name_f] (his daughters), [name_u]Mattie[/name_u] ([name_u]True[/name_u] Grit), [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] ([name_u]Rio[/name_u] [name_f]Grande[/name_f]), or [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] (The Quiet [name_m]Man[/name_m]).

I agree with larkub101.

I don’t like it as a first name, for either gender, but especially on a girl. The first thing I thought about is bondage and how she might be the butt of horrid sexual remarks for the entirety of her life. (It’s unfortunate to think about, but I feel like that is the world we live in these days…)
As a middle name, its ok. Definitely more workable as a middle name, especially if you have a super feminine first name, it might be kind of cool to throw [name_m]Bond[/name_m] in there to offset it. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_m]Bond[/name_m] from your list accomplishes this I think.
Like larkub101 said: your reasoning behind wanting to use the name is nice, but I would really think this one through before assigning it to a little girl.