Helping a friend... a sister for Emelia Beatrix

Hello Nameberries!

One of our friends is having a baby, due in [name]December[/name]. She has a 4 year old daughter already, named [name]Emelia[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] (called [name]Em[/name], or [name]Emmy[/name]) and is having a bit of trouble coming up with a name for [name]Emelia[/name]'s little sister. [name]Melissa[/name] (my friend) is quite partial to names that start with the letter E obviously, but said she doesn’t want to get trapped into only using E names (I suggested [name]Ellen[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name]. Her DH wasn’t too fond of them.) She wants something that flows well with [name]Emelia[/name]. Since she’s due in about a month, she’s really getting anxious, so I offered to help. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Some names [name]Melissa[/name] and [name]John[/name] (DH) like”

”[name]Isobel[/name]” too popular, [name]John[/name] loves this.
[name]Sofia[/name]” also too popular. Indifferent.
[name]June[/name]” may be weird on a [name]December[/name] baby.
[name]Violet[/name]” possible middle name.
[name]Caroline[/name]” I [[name]Melissa[/name]] like this the most. [name]John[/name] doesn”t.
[name]Julia[/name]” Indifferent.”

Thanks so much for your help,
[name]Pearl[/name]

I love [name]Emmeline[/name], but that is too similar to [name]Emelia[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Eliana[/name]? Or [name]Ellianne[/name]?

[name]Emelia[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] and sister…
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Angelica[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Clarice[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Constance[/name]
[name]Estella[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Sybil[/name]

So, [name]Melissa[/name] is partial to the letter E? Well, [name]Emelia[/name] is quirky, feminine, and classic in sound, and I think her perfect E-compliment is [name]Estella[/name]! It’s got [name]Stella[/name] in it, which seems to fit their taste ([name]Sophia[/name]), yet it feels a little dressier, a little more unique, and a lot more fun. [name]Emelia[/name] and [name]Estella[/name]? I love that [name]Emelia[/name] means “energetic” and [name]Estella[/name] means “star,” too - both are fun and vibrant meanings. My second E-name suggestion is [name]Evangeline[/name], which is romantic and elegant - it means “bearer of good news,” which is nice next to [name]Beatrix[/name], which means “she who brings happiness.” But, alas, I slightly prefer [name]Estella[/name] with [name]Emelia[/name]!

As for a middle name, I’d go with something quirky and vintage, with a great meaning, like [name]Beatrix[/name]! I’m going to keep on going with [name]Estella[/name], because I love it, and suggest [name]Estella[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], as [name]Genevieve[/name] means “woman of the people” - positive, right? [name]Estella[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] - “mercy” - provides a nice compliment to [name]Emelia[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], too! Or, if we really want to compliment [name]Beatrix[/name] in both style and meaning, perhaps [name]Melissa[/name] would go for [name]Estella[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]? [name]Felicity[/name], of course, means “happy.”

So, my choices for [name]Emelia[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]'s sister are b [name]Estella[/name] [name]Felicity[/name], (2) [name]Estella[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], and (3) [name]Estella[/name] [name]Clementine[/name][/b]. As with [name]Emelia[/name]'s spunky [name]Em[/name] and [name]Emmy[/name] nicknames, [name]Estella[/name] could easily be [name]Ella[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Essa[/name], [name]Essie[/name], or [name]Stella[/name]!

Anything working?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

gigi22- my husband and i were really tied between emmeline and emelia during my last pregnancy. there was a lot of debate before we decided on emelia. emmeline is still his favorite between the 2, but we both liked the quirkiness behind emelia. and she absolutely is an emelia! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mischa- off of your list, we really like lydia, and i am in love with evangeline, estella, clementine and flora. my husband doesn”t really love any of the others though.
lemon- i am a fan of stella. why not estella! it”s just my stubborn husband that isn”t willing to bend. love the suggestion of using clementine as a middle name! :stuck_out_tongue:

my husband”s biggest complaint is that ”it sounds like s stripper name!” :oops: and it doesn”t matter how much i tell him that, in reality strippers are probably named normal things like jennifer and kristen, it still doesn”t sink in. :roll: :x i love the names evangeline and clementine especially, but well” he doesn”t. :x

some names that I”ve been considering are, juniper, ivy, romilly, imogen, vivian, norah, nola, helen, helena, thea, and violet. i really like thea, but I think it”s too short to stand alone. do you think dorothea and theodora go with emelia?
thanks for the suggestions.- [name]Melissa[/name] :smiley:

Sorry for repeats:

[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Livia[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Adela[/name]