Henrietta June

So I can’t sleep and things are getting slow here on Nameberry.

I got some wonderful feedback on a thread I posted a couple days ago that included several old-lady chic names. Someone brilliant suggested the name [name]Henrietta[/name] to go with the rest of my list, and I just can’t get it out of my head!

Hubby likes it too, although he did NOT like the suggestion of nn [name]Henny[/name]. He prefers [name]Etta[/name], which I would be fine with.

So question is, what are your honest thoughts on [name]Henrietta[/name] [name]June[/name]? [name]June[/name] is a family name and one I particularly love. [name]Henrietta[/name] is a recent fave that has quickly jumped to the top of my list.

Is it too much? Too old lady? Too, “I hate my name!” in 15 years’ time?

Also, do you think [name]Henrietta[/name] could go through life without acquiring a nn? It is a lengthy name, and one probably prone to getting shortened. I like [name]Etta[/name] just fine, but I prefer [name]Henrietta[/name] as a whole. Am I expecting too much?

Honest opinions and constructive criticism welcome!

I [name]LOVE[/name] it! It’s not often I see a name on here that I love the first and middle name. :wink: I’m a fan of “old-lady” names, I have both [name]Henrietta[/name] and [name]June[/name] on my list. I like nn [name]Etta[/name] as well, not so much [name]Henny[/name].

There’s no way too predict if she will hate her name. She very well could. But you could also name her [name]Emma[/name] [name]Ann[/name] and she could grow up to hate it. If it were my name, I would love that it is unique and pretty unheard of.

I don’t think you’re expecting too much by wanting to have her strictly called [name]Henrietta[/name], if that’s what you want that’s what it should be. I don’t think it will be hard to keep people from shortening it, at least before she gets older and can decide for herself. I would just correct anyone who calls her [name]Etta[/name]/[name]Henny[/name] whatever nn it may be, tell them you want her to only be called [name]Henrietta[/name]. :slight_smile:

I think its beautiful…a vintage classic! I grew up in the UK and ‘hettie’ was typically short for henrietta or ‘hattie’… etta is cute too though!

Ooh I like [name]Hattie[/name] as a nn.

Sooo pretty! [name]Love[/name] both names. [name]Henriette[/name] is my grandma’s name. If I ever have a daughter I want her middle name to be [name]Henriette[/name] / [name]Henrietta[/name]. [name]June[/name] is great as well!

This name caught my eye immediately! I love it! I knew a British girl named [name]Henrietta[/name] who did not go by any nn. [name]June[/name] is the perfect mn!

Very pretty name, and I think it fits right in with the types of names people are using these days, without being one of the more popular ones like [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Vivian[/name]. I also love [name]June[/name] as a middle name. [name]Henrietta[/name] [name]June[/name] is a very classy combination.

I like it, and I don’t think it would be automatically nicknamed, if that is a word :slight_smile: There are many women and girls who go by [name]Elizabeth[/name], which is a pretty lengthy name in itself.

[name]Etta[/name] IS really nice though.

I really like it too! I love [name]Henny[/name] as a nn, but not so much [name]Etta[/name]. [name]Hattie[/name] is cute too. [name]Love[/name] the combo with [name]June[/name]. I think you could prob get ppl to call her by the full name, tho she might change that once she gets old enough to tell her friends to call her _______. Not sure about the I hate my name business. I think it’s a possibility…considering how it’s not very common and def old lady sounding, but with the option of several cute nns, she could prob make the name her own.

Very pretty but makes me think [name]Henry[/name] & [name]June[/name] which was an old [name]Johnny[/name] Depp movie. Aside from that I think it’s sweet & old fashioned and [name]Etta[/name] is great. I personally don’t go for the [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Geraldine[/name] & [name]Harriet[/name] type of names but I think they’re all on the way up so your daughter wouldn’t be the only one with a long feminized name like that…they won’t even seem old fashioned to that generation.

[name]Henrietta[/name] [name]June[/name] is gorgeous! I don’t think the length of [name]Henrietta[/name] is such a big deal, as [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Victoria[/name] are the same length. Those are all very popular and I know girls with those names who don’t use nicknames.

Hate to be a picky, but [name]Johnny[/name] Depp starred in ‘[name]Benny[/name] and [name]June[/name]’, not ‘[name]Henry[/name] and [name]June[/name]’.
I love the combo. It’s really beautiful.

Actually I think it was even technically [name]Benny[/name] and Joon. : D.

[name]Henrietta[/name] is not my thing, but I do see the appeal and I [name]LOVE[/name] it with [name]June[/name] : D.

I think the nickname [name]Hattie[/name] is becoming “in” in some circles, and [name]Etta[/name] too really, so I think that will “help” in some ways. If she tires of having an old lady name, she will have a more youthful nickname.

I have seen [name]Hatsy[/name] as a nickname for [name]Henrietta[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name] and quite like it!

Good luck!

Thanks everyone! I’m really surprised and thrilled at all the positive feedback! I had a gut feeling this name was special, but wanted to get some unbiased opinions.

What do you think of nn [name]Ree[/name]? It’s simple and unexpected… I kind of like it! [name]Ree[/name] and [name]Etta[/name] are my top picks for nn, although [name]Hatsy[/name] is awful cute too!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Henrietta[/name]! Prefer the nn [name]Ree[/name] over [name]Etta[/name]

Living in [name]Wales[/name], “[name]Ree[/name]” just sounds so common to me now because of grown up with as many [name]Rhian[/name]'s and [name]Rhiannon[/name]'s as I have [name]Lauren[/name]'s and [name]Sarah[/name]'s, who mostly all go by “Rhi” pronounced like “ree”. For that reason it’s not doing it for me, but I think [name]Henrietta[/name] is great and I adore [name]Hettie[/name], [name]Etta[/name], [name]Hatsy[/name] and [name]Hattie[/name].

[name]Hatsy[/name] and [name]Hattie[/name] feel more like “[name]Harriet[/name]” nn’s to me, but [name]Hettie[/name] and [name]Etta[/name] are personal faves of mine and I think both work wonderfully well. [name]Hettie[/name] is the name of a young actress here in the UK and it’s been growing on me so much recently, and [name]Etta[/name] has been a fave of mine for a long time as both a nickname and a stand alone name. Also, I watch Australian soap Home and Away and they recently had a female character called [name]Henri[/name] which was quite endearing. I think she was a [name]Henrietta[/name].

[name]Henrietta[/name] is a real stand out though whatever you nickname her! It’s a shame my partner won’t get on board but he loves [name]Harriet[/name] (and it’s a family name) so I’m happy!

[name]Henrietta[/name] [name]June[/name] is just perfect, I absolutely adore [name]June[/name] and the whole combo feels “happy” to me :slight_smile:

[name]Henrietta[/name] [name]June[/name] is so pretty!

As far as nn is concerned,

[name]Hattie[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Etta[/name] [name]June[/name]

[name]Ree[/name] is cute but I don’t think it matches so well with [name]June[/name].