Henrietta

[name]Do[/name] you think it’s ready for a comeback, or is still too “old” sounding?
I’ve personally fallen in love with recently, but was wondering your opinions. Also, I love the nicknames [name]Hattie[/name] and [name]Ettie[/name].

Any other old you names you see coming back soon?

I really love the name [name]Henrietta[/name]!! I would hesitate to name a daughter [name]Henrietta[/name], because I think it is viewed as totally old fashioned, but, nonetheless, I [name]DO[/name] adore the name. I hope it will one day have a comeback!

Ditto! I think it’s such a great name, and I love the potential [name]Hattie[/name] nickname.

Take care!

I love it!

I’ve never in my life thought of [name]Henrietta[/name] as an “old” name. I remember seeing it in baby name books as a little girl, and thinking how pretty and sophisticated it was. And the only other association I have with it is the ten-year-old from Gunslinger Girl. Pretty much the opposite of old. :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Etta[/name] (for a girly-girl) and [name]Henry[/name] (for a tomboy) as nicknames.

edit Names I see coming back are more of those obscure Biblical names. Anything that’s been overlooked in favor of, say, [name]Daniel[/name] will one day have its day in the sun. :slight_smile:

I almost hope some celebrity out there will use [name]Alfred[/name], so I can feel less weird for loving it.

[name]Love[/name] it!

My grandmother’s name was [name]Henrietta[/name] [name]Eva[/name], though from birth her brother called her [name]Rachel[/name] and everyone followed suit. I always thought that if a two year boy in 1910 thought the name was dowdy…I would like to honor my grandmother if I have a daughter but following my great uncle’s lead [name]Eva[/name] or [name]Rachel[/name] is more likely. Though I do think [name]Etta[/name] is a great nn!

I would definitely use it! loove the NN [name]Henny[/name].

:slight_smile:

I love it!

I love it! You may also like [name]Thomasina[/name].

I think it’s cute, as are [name]Hattie[/name] and [name]Etta[/name]. :slight_smile:

My name is [name]Harriette[/name], and I go by [name]Hattie[/name]. I have to say I felt really burdened growing up, and I lived in [name]England[/name] for 16 years! [name]Hattie[/name] is cute I guess, but people either think I’m really old or from way deep south. Not a blue eyed twenty-something. And I’m forever called “[name]Heidi[/name]” or “[name]Patty[/name]” ugh! So I always say “[name]Hattie[/name] with an H”. That seems to do the trick! :slight_smile:

If I could choose I would change my name.