Henriette or Henrietta?

Overall I’d prefer [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], and still plan to use it as a nickname but due to our family being more on the hairy side I don’t want to give bullies the open goal of “Hairy Harriet.” Generally I don’t like or want to use a name ending in -a, but I kinda think [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] sounds better than [name_f]Henriette[/name_f]? She’d probably go by [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] or Henrie.

[name_f]Henriette[/name_f] [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
OR
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]

[name_m]General[/name_m] opinions welcome too, just considering.

2 Likes

I definitely think [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] sounds the best here as it gives it a better flow because of the “a” rather than a cutting from the e/b/r

That’s just my 2 cents though.

Hopefully this helps :slight_smile:

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] is charming and lovely - it is my preference of the two! [name_f]Henriette[/name_f] is nice too though :slight_smile:

Tbh I got turned off by either version after seeing [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] gets used as slang for heroin :confused:

1 Like

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]! Such a great name. I want to love [name_f]Henriette[/name_f] but it doesn’t quite work for me, I think its maybe because its a little awkwardly in between [name_u]Henry[/name_u] and [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] but not quite either and its throwing me off.

Never heard that one before! Honestly I think it’s established enough as a name that passing slang like this wouldn’t be an issue…

I prefer Henrietta for the flow with your middles, and my favourite nickname for her is Hettie :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love both, but [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] for sure in this combo! The flow works very well.

I prefer [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] in an [name_f]English[/name_f] context; it’s a lovely name!

For your middles, I much prefer [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]. You could call her [name_f]Henny[/name_f]!

Another vote in favor of [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]! [name_f]Henriette[/name_f] feels like it is missing something. [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] has such a nice flow, and [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] is such a sweet nickname.

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] is lovely. [name_f]Henriette[/name_f] feels unfinished to me.