Henry?Finn?for a boy....help

we want a cool but not too common name for our boy,dad quite like [name]Henry[/name],coz he wants a name with big character,but I think this name is over-used. [name]Finn[/name] is another option,I quite like the meaning of this name-bright,fair. Still haven’t heard anyone called this name. What do you think about these two names? Cheers

I prefer [name]Henry[/name]!! [name]Henry[/name] is one of my favorite names, and no I do not think it is too old at ALL!! It’s definitely ready for use. What did you have in mind for a middle name?

I don’t know any boys named [name]Finn[/name] but I do know some Finleys, both boys and girls ([name]Finlee[/name]).

do you like [name]Theodore[/name]? He could go by [name]Theo[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name]. Names you might also like:

[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name] (pronounced [name]Reese[/name])
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] (pronounced [name]Dash[/name]-ull) nickname [name]Dash[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Freddie[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]August[/name] nn [name]Ace[/name] or [name]Gus[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name] nn [name]Ace[/name]

[name]Both[/name] are pretty popular in my area, but not top 10 (although [name]Henry[/name] is very close). [name]Finn[/name] keeps popping up more and more around me, but I think it really depends where you live. [name]Finn[/name] is cute but seems incomplete to me. I love both names, but feel [name]Henry[/name] is a better all-around name (it is solid, ages well, no negatives that I can see other than popularity).
I love jleigh’s suggestions of [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Callum[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Graham[/name]…actually, that whole list is great!

I’ve got an almost 2 year old son named [name]Henry[/name], and we love the name so far. No regrets at all, and we actually haven’t met another [name]Henry[/name] in his age group yet!
That said, I also like [name]Finn[/name] a lot, although I heard with the popularity of Glee, it might be getting a lot more popular…

We have 3 year old g/b twins [name]Tilly[/name] & [name]Theo[/name] and we’re expecting anther boy. I would like an R & M name for first and middle to remember his great-grandfather and grandfather, both passed away last year. I would love advice on R & M boy names that match with my twins [name]Tilly[/name] Grable & [name]Theo[/name] [name]Benson[/name], if anyone has advice for sib sets. Thanks! KLH

I have a 2 year old named [name]Henry[/name] and haven’t met another one yet. What I do meet all the time are little boys with the typical newer names…think [name]Brody[/name], [name]Connor[/name], [name]Jaden[/name], [name]Hayden[/name], [name]Mason[/name], etc. I do know of 2 [name]Finlay[/name]'s and one [name]Finn[/name] born in the last year amongst my friends. Not that I want [name]Henry[/name] to get super popular, but I think it’s going to be your safer bet. I think [name]Finn[/name] will be more on the way up or it has the sound to fit in with the newer name set I listed above. I do have to say everyone compliments us on the name, finds it original and we haven’t been sorry for picking it.

[name]How[/name] about Fian/[name]Fionn[/name] as an alternate for [name]Finn[/name]? [name]Finn[/name] is gaining popularity but I haven’t heard of anyone using [name]Fionn[/name]. This is my husband’s top name but it rhymes with our last name, so I vetoed it!

I also love the name [name]Henry[/name], and the nn [name]Hank[/name] is so cute on little boys!