Henry needs a name for his brother

My 3 year-old son [name_m]Henry[/name_m] will be a big brother this [name_f]May[/name_f]. We do not know what we’re having and have successfully settled on a girl’s name. The boy’s name is a whole other story. I am partial to:

[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]

Any of those stick out with [name_m]Henry[/name_m] as a solid sibling set? Popularity doesn’t really bother me. The first and middle name will likely be a combination of two listed. Any insight or sib-set suggestions of names I may have overlooked? I think my biggest problem is not finding a name I like as much as [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. So it’s really been difficult for me to fall in love with something.

I think [name_m]George[/name_m] would be cute even if you spelt it [name_m]Jorge[/name_m] :smiley:

Good luck, ps whats the girl name?

I really like [name_m]Louis[/name_m], but the history of [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m] being put together makes me laugh a little at the irony… so [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] would be my next picks

My Sons name is [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] and I am hoping to name my next
Boy [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. (If my husband will agree)

I like [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], and [name_m]Charles[/name_m] with [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. I think I’ll cast my vote for [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], or [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]?

[name_m]William[/name_m] or [name_m]Liam[/name_m]? I love [name_m]Louis[/name_m] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m], but [name_m]Charles[/name_m] will likely be called [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], and it’s best to avoid similar endings, if possible. [name_m]Maximo[/name_m], Alexo, [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], [name_u]Winslow[/name_u], [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] or [name_m]Clive[/name_m]?

(I recently discovered Alexo in a history article on [name_m]Fort[/name_m] Arkansas–love it!)

[name_m]History[/name_m] of [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m]? I don’t think I’m familiar.

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is the girl’s name we’ve settled on.

I like [name_m]George[/name_m], and it’s a family name, but won’t use it because DH doesn’t care for it and it’s the royal baby’s name. [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is still too “Twilight” for me and not in a good way. I adore [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] (despite “Twilight” connection), but DH flat-out vetoed it. [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] feels stale to me. DH vetoed [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], though I like it! I have negative connotations to the name [name_m]William[/name_m], and [name_m]Liam[/name_m] is way too popular for me, though I did say earlier that popularity didn’t matter much to me. I think it’s a top 10 name now, isn’t it? As someone with the 2nd most popular girl’s name in the year (and decade) was born, I will shy away from a top 10.

These are great ideas though, gang!

My favourite of those you listed is [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] would be a handsome name.

Other names I like with [name_m]Henry[/name_m]:

[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Louis[/name_m] or [name_m]Peter[/name_m] is perfect.

As is [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Albert[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_m]Philip[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Walter[/name_m] or [name_m]William[/name_m]

I like [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], and [name_m]Charles[/name_m] with [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. I also like [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]David[/name_m], [name_m]George[/name_m], and [name_m]Paul[/name_m] with [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

my favorite would be [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] :slight_smile: [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] by the way!

Thanks for all of the input. :slight_smile:

I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] the name [name_m]Henry[/name_m]! I really like [name_m]Cormac[/name_m], [name_m]Peter[/name_m] or [name_m]Charles[/name_m] with [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Louis[/name_m] is a little “much” with [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and I’m just not feeling [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]. I really like the name [name_u]Owen[/name_u], but to me, it doesn’t fit quite right.

Other suggestions (I’ll try not to repeat, although I do love the suggestion of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]):
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]/[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]/[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]

I agree with you that [name_u]Owen[/name_u] doesn’t quite fit. And that [name_m]Louis[/name_m] feels a bit rich with [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. Those were great points.

I like a lot of your suggestions, but DH has vetoed most if not all of those. I thought the mom was supposed to be pickier, but my husband is a tough sell on nearly everything I’ve brought up. His top pick is [name_m]Cormac[/name_m], so we definitely haven’t ruled that out. I’d say it and [name_m]Peter[/name_m] are my top two.

Thanks for the insight!

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]?

I think [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is a darling name, and they do make a nice sib set. However, I do not like the inevitable “[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]” as a nickname. I ruled that name out a long time ago.

I love [name_m]Peter[/name_m]! It has the same solid history & sophistication that [name_m]Henry[/name_m] has.

I agree! Thanks!

I like [name_m]Charles[/name_m] nn [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] the most! [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is sweet despite the matching endings. I also like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], but feel it doesn’t go very well with [name_m]Henry[/name_m].