Henry nickname for Henrik

I think I’ve decided on [name_m]Henrik[/name_m] as the name for our little one due in just 3 weeks! But I would like to use [name_m]Henry[/name_m] as a nickname. Weird or good?

That totally works. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is adorable.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it, [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is the natural nn from [name_m]Henrik[/name_m].

Personally I’d prefer a shorter nickname (like [name_f]Hen[/name_f], [name_m]Rik[/name_m], [name_m]Hank[/name_m] etc) but [name_m]Henry[/name_m] works

Excellent!! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!

I prefer [name_m]Henrik[/name_m] as it seems more interesting to me but if you are going to call him [name_m]Henry[/name_m] I think that is what you should formally name him. People will assume his name is [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and he will often be saying “No, not [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Henrik[/name_m]”.

This is like naming him [name_m]John[/name_m] and calling him [name_m]Juan[/name_m]. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is not a nickname for [name_m]Henrik[/name_m], just another form of the name.

I think it’s a much nicer nickname than [name_m]Rik[/name_m]/[name_m]Rick[/name_m].