Henry's mn-- stuck between two!

Some of you may know that I really love [name]Henry[/name] Albus for a boy, whenever I may have one! However, I had a dream a while ago that I was holding my little [name]Henry[/name], and he had gorgeous blue eyes and a mess of blond hair. I said, “OH! He looks like [name]James[/name] did as a baby!” ([name]James[/name] is my brother) and then I got very excited because now, my brother is the spitting image of my Uncle [name]Alan[/name]. When I woke up, the first thing I thought was “[name]Henry[/name] [name]ALAN[/name]-- not ALBUS.” My uncle passed away five years ago from ALS, and if I used [name]Alan[/name] as [name]Henry[/name]'s mn, I could honor his memory. I love the sound of [name]Henry[/name] Albus, but I was thinking today and I can always go open Sorcerer’s [name]Stone[/name] and Dumbledore will be alive, but I can’t do that with my uncle.

So, my question is-- should I use [name]Alan[/name] or Albus as [name]Henry[/name]'s middle name? And which do you like better-- [name]Henry[/name] [name]Alan[/name] or [name]Henry[/name] Albus?

thanks in advance! =)

Actually my favorite is [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name]!

I do love the sound of [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name], but my brother and I don’t exactly get along =/

I’m a strong believer in middle names having some special meaning, I think [name]Henry[/name] [name]Alan[/name] is the way to go! Good luck! [name]Henry[/name] is a wonderful name.

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Alan[/name] sounds great.

[name]Hi[/name]! I think that [name]Henry[/name] [name]Alan[/name] is very handsome I love how it honors your uncle. I’m so sorry to hear that he lost his life to ALS; it’s such a horrid disease, and I hope a cure is found someday.

Take care! :slight_smile:

Thank you all for replying. The more I think about it, the more I love [name]Henry[/name] [name]Alan[/name]! Especially this time of year, I miss my uncle and having [name]Henry[/name] have [name]Alan[/name] as a mn would bring joy to my family and I! [name]Henry[/name] [name]Alan[/name] it is =)

Thanks, again!

I love both names, you have very good taste. Your question reminded me of this blog. If you really want to use Albus. It would be “romancing the name: [name]Alan[/name] to Albus”

https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/06/03/romancing-the-name-melissa-to-melisande/

You should go with your gut feeling, regardless.

Absolutely [name]Alan[/name]. [name]Henry[/name] Albus does sound cool, but I believe that honoring someone special comes first.

You could hyphinate them so his name would be [name]Henry[/name] [name]Alan[/name]-Albus.

I did think about that, but as they both start with “[name]Al[/name]” I was thrown off. thank you, though =)