Her name is November! Opinions please.

See the results of this poll: The name November is…

Respondents: 60 (This poll is closed)

• Awesome: 20 (33%)
  • Weird, in a good way: 21 (35%)
  • Weird, in a bad way: 6 (10%)
  • Okay: 7 (12%)
  • Terrible: 6 (10%)

I actually like [name]November[/name] - I considered it myself as a way to get to one of my absolute favourite names, [name]Nova[/name], but it sounded too unisex next to my other favourites.

I like that she will be born in [name]November[/name] - I think it’s better that way, as I imagine people will assume she is, anyway, in the same way that they assume Aprils are born in [name]April[/name].

It’s unusual and spunky (Novie is adorable), but also familiar, and no-one will have a problem spelling or pronouncing it. Besides, technically it’s no stranger as a name than [name]April[/name], [name]June[/name] or [name]August[/name], all of which have long been popular, and choices like [name]January[/name] are coming into use; so why not [name]November[/name]?

Also, I think [name]November[/name] is a great time of year - the excitement of the run up to [name]Christmas[/name], sipping hot chocolate and mulled wine out in the frosty air, roast chestnuts and Bonfire [name]Night[/name] (which you may not have outside of the UK?). The name conjures up such nice images!

For middles, in case you haven’t settled on one yet, I think [name]November[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would be just the most fantastic name - so spunky, but the classic [name]Jane[/name] balances [name]November[/name] perfectly, in my opinion.

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

So many people say that naming a girl [name]June[/name] when she is born in [name]June[/name] is kinda cheezy, but I like it. So, that would be the same for [name]November[/name].

Its actually a cool name, I’ve never heard it being a name before!Also, there wont be a whole bunch of Novembers running around!

Wow, [name]Auburn[/name] kind of just sold me on it! At first I was thinking it was maybe a little too weird. But [name]Nova[/name] and Novie are really cute. And [name]November[/name] is quite possibly my favorite month… Oh, I definitely like it MORE since she’ll be born in [name]November[/name]. I think it’s different than [name]May[/name] or [name]June[/name] which I think can be given to a child born any month. With such an unusual month name, I think it makes more sense if she’s born in that month. Anyway, I say go for it!

Oh, I don’t know if you are sure on [name]November[/name] yet or if you just love Novie. [name]Do[/name] you like the name Novalie? Or Novalee? That’s [name]Natalie[/name] Portman’s character in the movie Where The Heart Is and I think it’s really cute! Maybe easier to wear than [name]November[/name]?

I really like the name [name]November[/name]! Its a bit weird, at first i think people will blink when you call her. But after a while everyone will get used to it and it wouldnt be different then a [name]June[/name], [name]April[/name], [name]May[/name] or [name]August[/name] (or even [name]Julie[/name]/[name]July[/name]) I think [name]November[/name] is a really pretty, and more feminine name.

Omg i am totally falling in love with [name]November[/name] while writing this!

Ps id think a [name]November[/name] born in [name]April[/name] would be weird (example). [name]November[/name] should have connections with november or born in it. [name]April[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]May[/name] and [name]August[/name] are more common so i dont neceserally (sp?) think they should be born in their month but with [name]November[/name] its different.

Lol [name]Lyndsey[/name], while i was typing this i get a ‘new responses’ warning xD i think you mentioned all i said.

[name]EDIT[/name]: im adding this to my list for when i have a girl in [name]November[/name] :slight_smile: Or maybe a middle name!

I say go for it! Another nn could also be [name]Ember[/name] too…how fun! I actually have [name]September[/name] nn [name]Ember[/name] and [name]Wednesday[/name] nn [name]Winnie[/name] on my list. I think it is great to see names aside from the usual/boring ones like [name]April[/name], [name]May[/name], and etc. Those names are nice, but they are popular and don’t really shine as much as [name]November[/name] and less popular month/day names. Thumbs up for thinking outside of the box :slight_smile:

I think this is a great name- definitely a little weird but in a very very good way!

I personally find it very very strange when people name their children [name]June[/name] or [name]April[/name] when they are not born in these months. It just seems very odd. However, if it was like the month that baby’s parents met or got married, or the birthday month of someone you wanted to honor, I would think that is fine. But I know a girl name [name]April[/name] who was born in [name]December[/name], not honoring anyone, nothing. I think that is so bizarre. For some reason I think that [name]May[/name] is fine no matter when the baby is born.

But I digress, I do not think it is cheesy at all to name her [name]November[/name] if she is born in [name]November[/name]. I also like the nickname [name]Emmy[/name] or Novi for [name]November[/name]! :slight_smile:

I love it! Not sure if you’re looking for middles, but I would like to suggest [name]November[/name] [name]Anne[/name] (with the extra nickname of [name]Nancy[/name], which I think is adorable).

I like it. We actually like the name [name]October[/name] for a boy… though I really hate the idea of [name]Toby[/name] as a nickname. I think [name]November[/name] has kind of a romantic feel to it.

I love [name]November[/name]…the month and the name! Our daughter is due in [name]November[/name] and I’d be tempted to steal it if our first daughter’s name didn’t seem so ordinary in comparison! :slight_smile: also cute nicknames.

I really like [name]November[/name], I was born in [name]November[/name] and was looking for a way to throw my name in the mix with the next baby due in september but not in love with my first or middle name so this would be a good way to throw it in there. Go for it!

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful replies (and votes)! Especially [name]Amber[/name]- I feel like you really ‘got’ the name and articulated it probably better than I could! I loved the suggestion of [name]Ember[/name] and [name]Nova[/name] as alternative nicknames. After some soul searching, we decided we couldn’t change to Novalie or [name]Nova[/name] as the official name. It’s either [name]November[/name] or one of our other top 5s. Your input is really valuable b/c we’re keeping the name a surprise. I’d love additional input (negative or positive) for anyone else who views!

An official thumbs up for [name]November[/name]! If you’re reading, tell us your news!

I really like [name]November[/name]! I voted for Weird, in a good way. I love [name]October[/name] and [name]September[/name] as well, so… haha, there you go! Anyways, I’d go for it.

Novie is a cute nickname. ^^ I also like the idea of [name]Nova[/name] for a nn.

I really like the name [name]November[/name]…I have not heard it used as a name but I think it is beautiful. The more I say it the more I love it :slight_smile:
I also like the nick names [name]Nova[/name], Novie and [name]Ember[/name]. I say go for it!

I like [name]November[/name]. In today’s crop of names, it isn’t weird at all. There are many nn choices, all of them darling. I think it is fine she will born in [name]November[/name]. As someone said, many will assume that anyway so you/she won’t have to disillusion them.

If you love it, use it. It just a little daring – and that makes it perfect.

I love this name. It isn’t my naming style but it would be uber cute for those adventurous enough to use it.
My sister [name]Lauren[/name] actually has this name in her top 5 for her new baby girl. Her eldest is [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Marie[/name] ([name]Evie[/name]) and this one might be [name]November[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Nova[/name]) which I think really suits her and her husband to a tee.
Congrats on your newest addition and have fun naming her.