Here I am again!

[name]Susan[/name]~
That’s wonderful!

I hope my son (and this next child, and any children after that!) will enjoy being read to! My husband is much better at reading aloud so he may have to be the storyteller.

He actually read all the Prydain chronicles and a good deal of [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings out loud to our son when I was pregnant with him. :slight_smile: It was very sweet!

That is sweet!

Okay, I know I’m going to be battling myself about the middle name for [name]Calla[/name], but I do have a question in case this baby is a boy too!

His name is set in stone, but the spelling isn’t.
And yes, I’ve discussed this on these boards too, I’m just fickle and keep changing my mind! :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry!

His name will be Cierdan ([name]KEER[/name]-dan) [name]Jerome[/name] (chosen with the help of fellow Nameberry-ites!)
I just can’t decide whether we should spell it Cirdan or Cierdan.

Reasons for Cirdan: It is the true spelling of the character who bears the name in [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings. Then again if you want to get picky, the truest of true spellings has an accent ague over the “i”. There’s no way I’m giving my child an accent to deal with though!

Reasons for Cierdan: It’s much more phoenetic and I can justify it as the Anglicization of Cirdan with the accent. It also bears resemblance to [name]Ciaran[/name], hence lending some familiarity. Not that [name]Ciaran[/name] is really known where I live either, but I’m hoping it will help.

I’m sure both spellings still present problems with pronunciation since the “C” will more than likely be pronounced as an “s” from time to time.

So, cast your vote!
Cierdan or Cirdan