here we go again - does Beatrix Marigold 'go'?

[name]Hi[/name] all - I had posted originally looking for middle names for [name]Eloise[/name] and settled on [name]Noelle[/name]. Well, we’ve had a total change of plans around here (4 days overdue, no less) and in the last month or so have fallen in love with [name]Beatrix[/name] (nn [name]Bea[/name]) as a sister for [name]Willa[/name].

That’s all well and good - it’s the middle name problem again. [name]Noelle[/name] is okay, not in love with it - it would reference my dad’s name - [name]Leon[/name] - spelled backwards and feminized.

But another name I [name]LOVE[/name] is [name]Marigold[/name]. My dad’s mom is [name]Mary[/name] (so that takes care of him!), as well as my husband’s deceased mom’s middle name ([name]Willa[/name] has her first name as a middle name, [name]Willa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]).
[name]Gold[/name] references the prairies - the wheat, the fields - where we are both from. We gave [name]Willa[/name] her name because it had that same pioneer/prairie spirit. I don’t have the guts to use [name]Marigold[/name] as a first name, and like [name]Beatrix[/name] more anyhow. But do the two go together? Does it really matter? After all, how often do any of us use our middle names? It’s most important for it to anchor her to our pasts, in my view.

Our last name is two-syllables starting with an S. Any insight, good or bad, welcome!

[name]Beatrix[/name] is adorable. I also loved [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]. But I wouldn’t put [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name] together. It’s just too many intense consonant sounds. But that is just my taste, and if you love them together, go for it.
Some soft middle names for [name]Beatrix[/name]:

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Alma[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Anna[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Clare[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Cora[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helen[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lila[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Marin[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Olive[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Oona[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Polly[/name] - [name]Polly[/name] is a form of [name]Mary[/name].
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Posy[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Willow[/name]

The winner of the kitsch and fun prize: [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Olive[/name]
The winner of the cozy and warm prize: [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Alma[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Lila[/name]
The winner of the normal prize: [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Anna[/name]
The winner of the sparkly prize: [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

I would pick [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Clare[/name] because I just love the name [name]Clare[/name]/[name]Claire[/name]. I’m sure you will pick something lovely. [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] is gorgeous!

I think [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] is lovely. It is a lot of name, but it just sounds so happy! I also think that the name [name]Marigold[/name] makes [name]Beatrix[/name] not feel haughty or stuffy.

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Harriet[/name] would also sound nice (and [name]Harriet[/name] is a common 19th century name)
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Amanda[/name] (Another pioneer woman name)
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Meadow[/name]

I agree with Tarat- it is a lot of name but there’s something very charming about it with [name]Beatrix[/name]. I say go for it. (And by the way, I think [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] are so lovely together!)

I love it! It is consonant-heavy, but they are charming names with a similar feel about them. And if it is meaningful to you, then that’s perfect.

I love both names ([name]Beatrix[/name] is one of my favorites, and I [name]LOVE[/name] it with [name]Willa[/name]!), and although I don’t think they’re perfect together in terms of flow, I just love their matching spunkiness, not to mention [name]Marigold[/name]'s meaning to you.

If you’re not set on [name]Marigold[/name], how about [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Mary[/name] to honor [name]Mary[/name], or even [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]?

Some more you may like:

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Belle[/name] (only if you’re an alliteration fan, of course) :slight_smile:
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Louise[/name] (oops…Not with an S last name…)
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Mariam[/name] (although I personally like [name]Miriam[/name] better)
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

Good luck to you! :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] it. [name]Marigold[/name] is so fun. Its true [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Alma[/name] sounds better but if [name]Alma[/name] has no meaning to you then dont do it. When I named my daughter i just kept saying the possible names over and over. Choose the name that makes you feel happy.

thanks for the votes of confidence. there are a lot of better ‘sounding’ options here, but it’s true - i have to go with a name that means something. Maybe i will chicken out and just use [name]Mary[/name], but I hope the trauma of delivery keeps me brave!

thanks again, all!

[name]Just[/name] wanted to add that I think [name]Willa[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] go really well together. I much prefer [name]Beatrix[/name] to [name]Eloise[/name] too (although I don’t dislike [name]Eloise[/name]). I think [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] is a really sweet combination. The flow isn’t the best but if it has special meaning, I would use it. Good luck with the birth!

[name]Winston[/name] churchill named his daughter [name]Marigold[/name]. [name]Marigold[/name] was not a uncommon name in england in the 1900’s when other bloom names like rose and violet were in. I would use it as a first name!!

Ok, I actually like the way [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] sounds. It’s a name I would love to have myself, it makes me feel happy, looking at it and saying it. I love both names on their own ([name]Marigold[/name] is my number one!), and just really love them together.

she’s here! [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] came thundering into the world late Sept. 10th! Her name gets a lot of praise, I’m so happy with it - she’s def. not an [name]Eloise[/name]! Thanks to nameberry!

I [i]love[/i] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Marigold[/name].

I think it’s beautiful.

Wonderful news! Congratulations! [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] is a gorgeous name, and I’m sure she’s a gorgeous little girl. Enjoy her!

Yea! Congratulations to you and your family! :slight_smile: [name]How[/name] wonderful!!! :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing the happy news!

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Congratulations! Please send a picture. We would love to see precious little [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]!

Congrats!!! Thank u so much for thinking of us and posting her arrival. You make an excellent choice in her name.

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful name! I’m sure she’ll be a little firecracker!

update! i just have to say how happy i am with her name - her birth certificate arrived last week with “[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]” on it all official looking and it made me grin ear to ear. Bonus - her hair is turning strawberry blonde, so calling her [name]Goldie[/name] (along with all her other nn!) makes sense!

I’m so happy to hear that you’re happy with your daughter’s name. [name]Marigold[/name] was an inspired choice for mn. Your daughter’s name is one of my favorites from the names I’ve recently heard about on Nameberry. So cute, but also will grow with her.
Best wishes.