Hermione, Augusta and Rosemary Oh my!

[name]Hi[/name] all :slight_smile: I am new here and wanted some input and possible middle name suggestions for my top baby girl names.

I really like the middle name [name]Josephine[/name] for all of these names, but I would like some other possible suggestions and your opinion on which of these sounds best.

[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]

More importantly, I wanted to know what you thought about the name [name]Hermione[/name]. Is it too soon to try to name a daughter [name]Hermione[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you even like the name? Of course the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] association is a strong one, but is that a bad thing? I try to think of teasing possibilities but the character is a smart, pretty and loyal friend in the series. I guess teasing about being a wizard and being able to do magic is possible-but I don’t think that is anything life scarring and would get old pretty quickly in school.

Anyway, hope I haven’t rambled on too much and really appreciate your thoughts/opinions on my names!

[name]Welcome[/name] to Nameberry!

[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] - I love the name [name]Augusta[/name]! I think its got this kind of quirky, old-fashioned vibe that is definitely coming into style. Auggie or [name]Gussie[/name] make me picture a bouncing, happy little girl, while [name]Augusta[/name] is transformed into a strong and confident woman. [name]Josephine[/name] is lovely, but I don’t think they go well together. The flow seems a bit off. Some other ideas: [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Jasmine[/name], [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name], [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Joline[/name]. My favorite is [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] since it maintains the “een” ending of [name]Josephine[/name] and just looks absolutely elegant paired with [name]Augusta[/name].

[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] - I actually like the name [name]Hermione[/name] - all the sounds are very pretty, and I think it goes very nicely with [name]Josephine[/name]. However, in my opinion, it is still a bit too soon to use [name]Hermione[/name] because of [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]. Luckily though, I was talking with some 5th graders over the summer, and NONE of them had actually read the books. They had all seen the movies when they came out, but they hadn’t actually read them. Because of this, I think in 4 or 5 years, it would be safe to use it without any teasing in school - although you might have to deal with other adults asking you about being a [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] fan. I would personally save this name, since I think she would make a beautiful sister next to an [name]Augusta[/name].

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] - [name]Rosemary[/name], personally, isn’t really my style - however, I picture a sweet, charming girl, especially with the nickname [name]Romy[/name]. It doesn’t exude strength, per say, as [name]Augusta[/name] does. Its more gentle and kind. [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] sounds very nice, but here are a few more ideas just in case you want them: [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Alice[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Seraphine[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Lou[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Eve[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Janine[/name].

My favorite is hands down [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name], with [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] if you used it a few years down the road. I [name]LOVE[/name] the sibset of [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I think their slightly “out there”/unusual first names are paired perfectly with simple, beautiful, accessible middles. Best of luck!

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

I seem to have posted this question twice- Oh dear! I don’t know how that happened.

I really appreciate your feedback and think the name [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] sounds beautiful but I knew an absolute horrid person named [name]Jacqueline[/name] so the association ruins that name for me unfortunately :frowning: [name]Don[/name]'t you just hate that?

I like your suggestion of using a more simple name in the middle for [name]Hermione[/name]. I already replied in my other post saying I agreed that the association is too strong right now so I may save the name for a future daughter once all the movies have been out for a few years.

But you think [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name] make a nice sibset? I was worried that [name]Augusta[/name] was a more classic name while [name]Hermione[/name] seems more out there and eccentric and they didn’t mesh. But I can see how [name]Augusta[/name] could also fit that category so I am happy about that :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your suggestions and I really appreciate your feedback!

[name]Augusta[/name], [name]Hermione[/name], and [name]Rosemary[/name] are all great names, but I think [name]Rosemary[/name] is the most useable (and my favorite) out of the three. [name]Hermione[/name] is lovely (and I do love the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] association) but I think it’s totally unusable. I doubt most people have heard of the name outside [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]; it’s just too tied to [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Granger[/name]. Maybe in about 10 or 15 years. [name]Augusta[/name] is nice, but not my favorite-- it’s a little clunky. I love [name]Rosemary[/name], but I don’t think [name]Josephine[/name] really works with it because of the repeating long O sound.

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]

[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Leah[/name]

[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Lily[/name]

I like [name]Rosemary[/name] best, and it has SO many great nickname options. [name]Augusta[/name] sounds kind of old to me. The [name]Hermione[/name] connection isn’t necessarily bad, it’s just really, really strong. Too strong, in my opinion. I think it would just be incredibly annoying to have to go through life hearing all those wizarding jokes every time you said your name, and [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] isn’t going away any time soon. [name]America[/name] Ferrara has been quoted saying how annoying it is to hear all the jokes about her name. Again, [name]America[/name] isn’t a bad connection, it’s just incredibly strong. Not something I would want to live with.

Thanks for the feedback guys :slight_smile:

I really liked a lot of the middle name suggestions on your list, irisrose! Thanks! I especially thought [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] was stunning sobs I wish the correlation wasn’t so strong because I do really love the name :frowning:

I am still having trouble coming up with male sibling names that go well with [name]Augusta[/name]. I love love the name [name]Theodore[/name] nick name [name]Theo[/name] (how cute is the set [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]?!) but husband is still unconvinced. All he can think of when he hears the name is the chipmunk :frowning:

Only other names we both like are [name]Caius[/name] (pronounced kuy-us), [name]Marcus[/name], [name]Maximus[/name] and [name]Alaric[/name]. I just don’t know if those names fit well with [name]Augusta[/name] which is the name I am really leaning toward. What do you guys think?

[name]Hermione[/name] is probably my favorite from your list (I prefer the [name]August[/name]- names on boys) and although the connotation is strong, it’s not a big deal. While I adore HP (and all the wonderful names within the series), very few people I know actually have read the books or seen the movies. [name]Even[/name] if they have, they don’t remember the names of anyone but [name]Harry[/name]. If you feel it’s too much for a few years, you could always give her a nickname. [name]Maya[/name], Niecey, [name]Mimi[/name], Mio, Neenee, [name]Minnie[/name], [name]Erma[/name]…

[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Stella[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jessa[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] Contessa
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Lilibeth[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Beth[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Vera[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]

[name]Augusta[/name] would be my second choice but I do feel like it’s getting more popular - more of a hipster name - following [name]Stella[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Clara[/name].

[name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name] make an awesome sibset, you’re right. I do love [name]Maximus[/name]. Perhaps your husband would like:
[name]Leo[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Cornelius[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Julian[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Simon[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Roman[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Basil[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Constantine[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]

[name]Flora[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Florence[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
Beatice and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Constance[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Antoinette[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Magdalene[/name]/a and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]

Thanks for those suggestions. The only boy name he liked from that whole list was [name]Constantine[/name] sigh we have such different tastes in boy names, I hate it. I just think [name]Constantine[/name] is a whole lotta name for a kid, especially since there aren’t really any nicknames.

I really love [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] :frowning: WHY ARE BOY NAMES SO HARD?!!!