Hermione vs Harmonia

Which do you prefer? [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] would definitely be a sister, if that means anything.

I love [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], but I’ve been kind of digging [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Mona[/name_f] and [name_f]Nia[/name_f] are cute nicknames. What middle names would you pair with [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f]?

First off, if you use [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] just doesn’t fit. [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] + [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] are mythological names, [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] is best with names like [name_f]Allegra[/name_f], [name_f]Cadence[/name_f], [name_f]Melodia[/name_f], etc.

[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]

Other names I’d pair with [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] + [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] are;

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Atalanta[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestia[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Alethia[/name_f]
[name_f]Asteria[/name_f]
[name_u]Artemis[/name_u]
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u]

[name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] is also a mythological name. She was the daughter of Ares and [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f] and the wife of [name_m]Cadmus[/name_m].

[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] has been hijacked by [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] is good, MN ideas;
[name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]

I definitely prefer [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]. [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] are beautiful names, and would make adorable sisters imo. [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] is gorgeous too, but if youre planning on having a persephone, I think [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] fits better.

I don’t care particularly that [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] is associated with [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], so I think that’s a lovely name for you. I think [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] & [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] works much better together than [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] & [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f].

My general opinion is that [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] is a really wonderful name.

I definitely prefer [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f]

I prefer [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] by far. It’s a guilty pleasure of mine though because everyone knows I’m too much a HP nerd :wink:

I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], and I think it’s a beautiful name! [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] is gorgeous too! I think [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] would fit better with [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] though. :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]. [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] is nice, but feels a bit much; I prefer the simpler [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] (though I realize that wouldn’t give a mythological connection).

I prefer [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], and I like its fit with [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]. I think you could use [name_f]Nia[/name_f] or [name_f]Mona[/name_f] for [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] easily.

Definitely [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]. [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_m]Granger[/name_m] is probably one of the most BA female literary characters ever and I lie the way it sounds with [name_f]Persephone[/name_f].

[name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] reminds me of a weird smoosh between [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] (which is rather trashy where I live) and ammonia… Not something I would want my name to be confused with.

I’ve got a thing for [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f]. The daughter of [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f] & Ares, the [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of harmony. Snakes and eternal bliss and cursed necklaces. Good story. There’s also the mama and maker of all the Amazons, she was called [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] too.

But… [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]'s amazing too. Mythical, Shakespearean and Potterean (will be a word sometime). [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], and I do think this is more usable. Which girl wouldn’t want miss [name_m]Granger[/name_m] as an association to their name? I know I would. She’s fantastic. Much more of a namesake than [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f]. [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] are both taking charge of their destinies, they’re both epic. I feel [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] might fade a bit into the background.

I prefer [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]. [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] I misread as Harmonica and it also sounds like ammonia.

I actually like [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] for the reasons you’ve stated (and I’m a HP fanatic and admire JK Rowling, so that is a plus).

I also have [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] on my list, and I think [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] links [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] incredibly well.

I think both are equally beautiful. I might lean a bit more toward [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] than [name_f]Hermione[/name_f].
I think what it really needs to come down to is whether you want the names to be “matchy-matchy” or “go together”.
I think [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] flow beautifully together but the matching -one endings feel a bit matchy-matchy to me.
This combo feels like the one most berries would prefer because they flow so nicely - and well we do like matchy sib-sets.
Nothing wrong with that, I think I prefer [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] better though. They are both very distinctly unique
and yet both the daughters of major goddesses that I think they go really well together.

I prefer [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] with [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], but I think both names are lovely.

I love [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]. It wins, hands down, against [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f]. [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] is strong, intelligent, and loyal. There’s the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] association (which is in no way negative,) as well as mythology and [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]. And you mentioned the name [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], and I think [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] goes well with it.
[name_f]Harmonia[/name_f] is an alright name- I’ve never heard of it before now- but my immediate thought is harmonica.
I think the only issue with [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] is that the ends are a bit rhymey. Otherwise I think they’re a good pair.

I actually love the idea of a baroque virtue-name sibset of [name_f]Harmonia[/name_f], [name_f]Concordia[/name_f], and [name_f]Fortunata[/name_f].

[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] is my all-time favorite girls name ever. If I didn’t already have a daughter named [name_f]Lily[/name_f] (another HP inspired name) I would use it for this DD. USE IT PLEASE. The world needs more Hermiones!!